Level 21 before 2021!

Hopefully people will stick around a little while after 2021, I have a long road ahead of me :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I said I would slow down once I hit 21 but I felt weird and kinda guilty to change my usual 7-day to-level-up speed :sob:

Congrats everyone who has gotten to level 21 these past days!
Also good luck to everyone else! 2021 is coming in two months :partying_face:!! Take your time and try not to burn out!

6 Likes

Join us in the skytree climb and/or Olympians XXXII :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah, weirdly enough this 7d schedule is comfy enough, isn’t it?

4 Likes

Haha definitely! I have a harder time remembering the kanji readings if I extend my level-up speed smh

Tho I have to say the number of reviews is sometimes overwhelming :sob:

4 Likes

Congrats Chewt san :raised_hands:t2:

When you are Fifteen…

2 Likes

I’m baaaaaaack.
Just moved yesterday to a new city.
Put wanikani on vacation mode for awhile.
Planning on taking the JLPT which I’ve barely studied for so I’m going to focus more on that. I’m probably not going to make level 21 before 2021. Or am I???

10 Likes

I think you will Nemuitanuki san :smiley:

Have fun exploring the new city :metal:

2 Likes

Four levels in two month? It all depends on you! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Is Level 15 a short level?

Edit: I see that it is just barely not a short level, by like one kanji.

2 Likes

Whoops I haven’t said anything here since I added myself in Level 1 :joy: I just leveled up to Level 7! Not sure whether I’m going to make it (probably not) but I’ll keep going at the same speed and try anyway :slightly_smiling_face:

Also umm sorry but what is forecast level…and that star thing in the leaderboard?

6 Likes

I don’t think you can, but you can still race are far as you can with us!

3 Likes

This thread is funny for me. The fastest you can do a normal level is just under 7 days, right? 6 days 20 hours for me. Since I hit level 13 today, this means that I could potentially be able to hit Level 21 in just the last week before New Year, but only if I go as fast as possible. But I am deeply suspicious and superstitious and deeply believe that if I decide to set this target for myself, Murphy’s Law will kick in, and events will conspire to prevent me from doing so. So, for the sake of my mental health… no pressuring myself. I probably shouldn’t join in.

6 Likes

Congratulations for your level up! Level 7 kanji will be often appears on any text :grin:

I believe it means with your current pace, what level you’ll be in the end of the year. This thread created when wkstat v1 still alive, and there was a forecast page. But now unfortunately there isn’t (still under construction). :see_no_evil:

I hope it will come soon on current wkstats. It’s something like this, it’s cool. I used it often.

I think it is something with the sheets on the wiki. If your forecast level >= goal level it will be ★, other than that will be ☆. CMIIW

Please make yourself comfortable. May be the deadline is pretty tight now, but celebrating level up here is very welcome :pray: がんばって!

Maybe you want to sign in to different thread with suitable deadline?

4 Likes

Congrats @e_w0205 san :smile:

If you are a football fan, you know “Seven” is easily the most coveted number :wink:

Make sure you don’t overextend yourself @e_w0205 san :slightly_smiling_face: Holiday season can throw one too many surprises.

2 Likes

Congrats @ikorneta san on your level up :ghost:

Hahaha. No point in having impossible goals. Stretch goals - “YES”, Impossible goals - “NO”.

I understand your reluctance to join this thread close to deadline. To be extra sure, this thread will continue until all the folks here hit targets :slightly_smiling_face: The Before 2021 goal is a broad strokes target, we will be here as long as it takes.

You can join the sister thread at

It has a deadline of May 2022 and most of the folks here are over there as well. No matter your decision, good luck with your journey ikorneta san :smile:

3 Likes

Finally made it to level 21, it wouldn’t be possible without this thread motivating me!

I wish everyone luck for those who are continuing to pursue to goal : D

9 Likes

I noticed the same thing. It still feels like an easier level though since the second half is so small haha.

3 Likes

Congrats!

4 Likes

Tau! Congratulations! I’m so glad you made it!

3 Likes