Hello everyone.
One of my favorite scripts here on WK its the Semantic-Phonetic Composition.
In the beginning I didn’t put much attention to it, basically because it’s only when you have several hundred kanjis under your belt that you really start seeing how the semantic-phonetic composition kanjis work (a component of the kanji providing the meaning of the kanji and another component used as a hint for the reading), and actually makes things much easier, since it’s very easy to see the difference of the kanji you are just learning compared to other ones sharing the same components; that really helps to care more for the differences.
Anyway, with that in mind I was in a bookshop this weekend and I picked up Remembering the Kanji 2 by J.Heisig… and to my surprise that’s exactly how he goes on teaching the readings!!! He uses the Kaisei Semantic-Phonetic composition
…
I did several chapter of RTK 1 before getting into WK, then I never looked back. RTK 1 it’s now very strongly adviced as the main tool por people doing AJATT, so gets all the atention, but volume 2, not many people talks about it.
Anyone here has used RTK 2 as a reference, review, or additional material to follow along with WK?