Kanji book

Hello everyone. Currently I am using the Kanji book which you can see in the photo. I also have the first part of the Kanji book.
I would like to know your opinion on those books. I also do have trouble memorizing all kanji and the vocabulary, because I do not really see any system in it.
If you have the same book maybe you can recommend how you studied it and I sadly cannot find any anki decks to it.
Thank you very much :sparkling_heart:

5 Likes

I don’t really see the point to work on a Kanji book on top of Wanikani. Isn’t just duplicated effort? What are the advantage of doing this book too?
It’s not an innocent question btw, at the beginner level there is a LOT to learn, lot of vocab/grammar/sentence pattern and a lot to do, like reading and listening (probably graded reader first, then simple text), so spending too much time in one area can be detrimental.

A system of what? Is there any system in English?

For Kanji, you can get interesting information by installing the semantic-phonetic composition script, it will show you what part of the kanji is/was the phonetic component. (if there is one, many Kanji have just a very messy etymology) But it won’t really help to memorize.

For vocab, I’m not sure what you mean by system.

1 Like

I don’t like the book and I did not choose to study the Kanji with it. I have to do it for my course. In wanikani there is a certain system of how we learn kanji, which makes it easier to find connections and memorize kanji and the vocabulary. The kanji book I have is not even connected to my workbook, so it is difficult to learn the kanji.
I just was curious if there are any anki decks for my kanji book and how others solve a similar problem.

Try using kame same and adding the kanji in the order you need to learn them for your class.

1 Like

Thank you. Is kame same free?

Yes, entirely. you can add words too, any, and from text.
Its extremely useful, and can be used as a wanikani replacement or continuation.

https://www.kamesame.com

1 Like

I briefly previewed it and it doesn’t look like a good learning tool.

Feels more like it’s meant as a short review after.

Oooh I see, sorry for the misunderstanding!
I was in a similar situation before, I was doing Wanikani but had to study the Kanji of the Genki textbook for my course. Luckily, WK was so much faster than the course that very quickly my Kanji WK knowledge completely overtook the Genki one and I didn’t have to study the Genki kanji anymore :smile:

1 Like