Just found a very easy to read comic written in japanese

It’s not made for language learning but is very easy to read, say よつばと! level.

https://tapas.io/episode/2134872

20 Likes

Perfect! Native materials not for language learning are the best materials anyway.

4 Likes

just gave it a read and i actually understand it the first time thru lol (a first). thank you for sharing that.

2 Likes

There is an other one here specifically made for learners :
https://tapas.io/episode/1605120

2 Likes

Have just finished reading it to ongoing – huge thanks for the recommendation, it’s ideal for me!
Am really looking forward to this Thursday for the next chapter!

Which one did you read ? To be honest I don’t know if the Japanese version is still being published.

I am glad it helped you.

1 Like

The one in the OP – 「遠くにある夢」

Wait, the episode I’ve just read was published nearly a year ago…
Oh, no, please, don’t tell me they’ve dropped it… :frowning_with_open_mouth:

Update: It seems, there are no more Japanese episodes, but at least there are English episodes…
Still, I’d really like to continue reading it in Japanese…

1 Like

I have tried to contact the author via tapas with no success. They do have an Instagram and a Youtube account but I have neither. If you ask kindly maybe you’ll get them to translate the rest ( author page ).

1 Like

@trunklayer : I have some good news for you !

Screenshot_1089

4 Likes

That’s a great news!
Thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

I didn’t know this existed thank you for posting this!

2 Likes

@trunklayer I think they’ve just released two new episode just for you !

2 Likes

They did!
Huge thanks!

2 Likes

it’s odd not being in vertical mode the dialogues, since all manga I have seen are like this, correct?

1 Like

True. I did not even notice.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s that odd for a webcomic. Manga translated into Japanese are often horizontally written and short comics on Twitter are often in either format (or mixed)

2 Likes

@trunklayer In case you’ve not subscribed to the comic, two chapters have just been released.

1 Like

Funnily enough, I am a blue catboy rather than orange cat(boy) today :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I can see that !

It just happens all the time that I click the wrong Reply button…

I am myself a yellowish cat on a light blue backgrount lol. So many cats in there !

2 Likes

No worries! I just wanted to mess with you a little :slight_smile:

2 Likes