Just finished doing over 200 reviews

I kind of let the day get away from me yesterday, and there was a little while i got them down to 100 this noon.
I worked out at midnight, and started doing reviews at about 1 and just finished.
Woo boy that was something.
I have a few more days of 100+ reviews coming up, so maybe starting Thursday ill start tackling my level up lessons.
/rant
Never give up!

14 Likes

I was out of wanikani for about 3 months…
when i came back last week: surprise you have more than 400 items to review!!!
took me about a week to finish them. Now i’m at zero reviews with 49 lessons to do (vocabulary) and doing 10 of them per day.

Advice for those who read: DO YOUR REVIEWS. having more than 100 reviews to do, not only impact your motivation but it’s time consuming!!

3 Likes

The only upside now is that having done a 200 chunk batch review, a 100 chunk doesn’t seem that scary any more.

7 Likes

Or use vacation mode when you haven’t been able to do you reviews in a few days.
Why do people rarely use that? isn’t it mentioned in the tutorial in the beginning?

I have 100-150 reviews daily cause I only have time once or twice a day for the reviews, so they pile up. Idk, when I got those burn reviews, I got many of them but I don’t have many apprentice items. I kind of got used to it but truth to be told, I am happy once I finished Wanikani so I don’t spend as much time on reviews anymore ^^
Let’s see when that happens, these 20 levels took me a year so far.

1 Like

I’ve always wondered that. I see many people talk about having many reviews and no one seems to mention anything about vacation mode.

1 Like

I could only imagine that most people have good intentions on getting to their reviews, but a 1 day slump eventually just keeps on snowballing until people come back and realize the review avalanche

To be honest, i knew the option was available. Totally forgot it was there. hahahaha.
Regarding tutorials…

isn’t it mentioned in the tutorial in the beginning

Is there a tutorial? for real??? I just started using the site and checking every option there was available as i subscribed.

I’m not sure but I thought at the beginning when you start level 1 you have a short walkthrough through your first lesson and reviews and some basic functions. :thinking:
Bit maybe I remember it wrong or it was optional to do that?

I Might make this thread into a journal of sorts.

Another 200+ review day, an update that I was able to find the motivation to do lessons again, down to zero lessons and just chugging along now on the level 17 items.
At least i can look forward to the top of the hill of level 20 to know that this is about where the workload levels out.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.