1001 days of Wanikani!

Just had a look on the Wanikani stats site - and realized that yesterday was my 1000th day using wanikani !

I’ve studied (wanikani at least) 96% of the days, and have had an average of 142 reviews per day.

Most reviews in a day - 515 (that sounds unpleasant).

SO I missed that anniversary - but tomorrow is day 300 of my review streak ! So i’m having a dual celebration today.

My present - realizing that lvl 49-60 are potentially ‘fast levels’. so factoring that into the predicted lvl 60 date, I should def be there by the end of the year ! :slight_smile:

No doubt when I started I thought I would have finished by now - but i’m not disappointed at all by that. Wanikani has re-enforced important life lessons that transcend language learning - consistency is key, and if you wanna be good at something there is no recipe for success that doesn’t involve a generous portion of time. And honestly, wanikani is as much a part of my life as brushing my teeth.

Anyway, just thought I would share :slight_smile:

Hope everyone is getting through isolation and staying well.

D

16 Likes

That’s great! 515 reviews in one day sounds awful!!! Is that after you didn’t do reviews for a day or two? I’m only on lv 5 now but I hope to see it through to the end. Hopefully I can get this done in two years giving about 10 days for a level, but I wouldn’t be disappointed if it took a little longer.

1 Like

yeah ! three days without reviews - I think I was away for a weekend and couldn’t get on the internet :face_with_monocle:

2 years is a really nice target ! enjoy the process :slight_smile: I look forward to seeing you on lvl 60 !! 頑張ってください

1 Like

We almost started at the same time. Recently noticed I have 23 days left until I hit my 1000th day on WaniKani. Not sure if I will push for level 60 by then or space it out a bit.

I also expected that I would have been done by now but along the way you make some interesting realizations.

Most reviews in day for me where 530 and I’m currently on a 226 day review streak.

See you at the top :wink: