Kanji

/ (31/41) - added to visually similar kanji

(45) - added the on’yomi と as a reading

(4) - added the on’yomi ぶ as a reading

Vocab

優秀 (23) - added “priority” to blacklist

鳴き声 (17) - added “crying” to blacklist

飴細工 (18) - added “candy sculpture” to meanings and updated meaning explanation

暴力団 (21) - moved “gangster organisation” to whitelist and updated meaning explanation

部屋 (9) - added “roof” to blacklist

翻る (50) - added “to billow” as primary meaning and “to flutter” and “to suddenly change” as secondary meanings. Moved “to turn over,” “to flip over,” and “to flip” to whitelist and added “to fly” and “to change suddenly” to whitelist. Updated meaning and reading explanations.

東北 (6) - made “Tohoku” primary meaning, added “Northeast Region” to meanings, moved “Northeast,” “Touhoku Region,” and “Touhoku” to whitelist, and updated meaning explanation.

探す (31) - added “to search” to whitelist

手伝う (13) - updated reading explanation

(5) - updated reading explanation

替わる (25) - moved “to replace” from blacklist to whitelist

照り焼き (32) - updated reading explanation

18 Likes

When I learned this, I figured it would be useful to reinforce the readings, and then I’d never encounter it again.

Then a video game that I played ended up revolving around 飴細工 and candy making.

Crabigator ftw - yet again. :crabigator:

Thanks for all the hard work!

14 Likes

@TofuguJenny typo? vocab item (also the one that it links to) is 手伝う

Many thanks again for this overview!

4 Likes

Haha! It’s such a good feeling it when a word you’ve just learned comes up in real life :grin:

Never doubt the crabigator image

7 Likes

Good catch - thank you!

5 Likes

Thank you, Jenny

4 Likes

Did these changes go into effect before today? I swear I can remember being really confused when I used “to flip” and it was accepted, but shown not to be one of the main meanings earlier this week / last week…

2 Likes

@TofuguJenny Why are there two content updates for June 26th?

Hi, it’s because we happened to make two different types of updates on the same day. The WaniKani Content Update is a more major update, which is adding new radicals and related kanji and vocab, whereas this one is the weekly list of minor updates.

2 Likes

The changes posted on Friday were made throughout last week. This particular change was made on Tuesday last week, so you’re right!

1 Like