Cage (8) - added “cape” to blacklist

Cape (8) - added “cage” to blacklist

Kanji

(25) - added 標 to visually similar kanji

(13) - added 票 to visually similar kanji

(48) - updated all mnemonics

(14) - added “technique” to meanings and updated all mnemonics

Vocab

潜る (43) - changed primary reading to もぐる, updated meaning explanation and reading mnemonic, added context sentences

腹立つ (29) - added “to get hungry” to blacklist

首になる (6) - added “to get sacked” to meanings

宗派 (29) - added “religious sect” to whitelist

前回 (8) - added “previous time” to meanings

漫才 (50) - added “manzai” to whitelist

敗れる (17) - added “to be renewed” to blacklist

摘発する (36) - added “to expand” to blacklist

お兄さん (7) - added “guy” to meanings, updated meaning explanation, updated context sentence translation

お姉さん (6) - added “miss” to meanings and updated meaning explanation.

不燃ゴミ (24) - added “burnable garbage” to blacklist

不安 (6) - added “unsafe” to blacklist

発売中 (11) - moved “now on sale” and “currently on sale” to whitelist and added “in stores now” and “now available” to meanings. Updated meaning explanation

イギリス人 (3) - added “Brit” to meanings, moved “English person” and “Englishman” to whitelist, added “Briton” to whitelist, and meaning explanation and example sentences

立てる (2) - updated meaning explanation

立つ (2) - added “to stand up” and “to rise” to meanings and updated meaning explanation

赦免 (58) - added “pardon” as primary meaning and “amnesty” as a meaning, and moved “remission” whitelist. Updated meaning explanation and context sentence translation

折角 (14) - added “valuable” and “kind” as meanings and moved “with difficulty,” “going through the trouble,” “trouble with,” “difficulty with,” “on purpose,” and “deliberately” to whitelist. Updated meaning explanation and context sentences.

25 Likes

Thank you, Kumirei

18 Likes

oh! :eyes: And just as I had made the effort to remember that it meant “remission” :sob:
Well, now I can learn its other meanings too, which is good! :grin:

Just have to tell it apart from all the other “pardons” :eyes:

And thanks for the updates, Jenny :slight_smile:

6 Likes

16 Likes

Something you want to tell us?

4 Likes

:thinking:

:eyes:

3 Likes

Someone was paying attention to that thread…

6 Likes

Does this mean “to get hangry” is still okay? :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

“July 31 Content Updates: 腹立つ (29) - added ‘to get hangry’ to blacklist”
Thank you, Kumirei!

3 Likes

:thinking:
Is it because their hair is similar? Is this why Kumirei is being thanked?
:confounded:
I am not following this at all…

2 Likes

context:

(this is what usually happens in these content updates threads created by Jenny)

Naphtalene upsetting Kumirei’s habit and sense of order

ejplugge taking it one step further.

My humble and unsuccessful attempt to go even further beyond

basically, we’re pranking Kumirei in these Content Update threads now (i think).
Thank you, Kumirei, for taking it in stride :wink:

12 Likes

:open_mouth:
Ach so! Vielen dank @Saimin!

Herzlichen Glüchwunsch zum deine "Kuchen"s-tag!
:cake: :cake: :cake:

2 Likes

T- thank you, Saimin

9 Likes

As I have been on wani vacation for quite some time, what does “added [phrase] to whitelist/blacklist” mean? And thanks for updating wanikani with new vocab and meaning over the past few months. :blue_heart:

Wanikani has a hidden whitelist for meanings that are accepted on top of those that are published.

There is also a hidden blacklist for meanings that must be expressly rejected because they would otherwise pass the typo acceptance filter.

1 Like

Ah, thanks

Is there a place to submit suggestions for blacklist/whitelists specifically? I have a couple of kanji that I misread the English translation the first time around but they still got through the filter.

A common practice is to take a screenshot proving the invalid answer has been accepted and post it in this thread:

If the typo is sufficiently bad someone will tag someone at Tofugu and the typo will be added to the blacklist.

2 Likes

You could just email them at hello@wanikani.com

4 Likes

I just post mine here: "to stay behind" needs to be blacklisted for 残す