Join the Goiryoku Club!

One of my New Year’s resolutions this year is to learn more advanced Japanese vocabulary, and I decided to start a daily blog where I cover a new word every day. I call it the 語彙力倶楽部 (Vocabulary Power Club), and while it’s definitely for intermediate-to-advanced learners of Japanese, hopefully some of you would like to join the “club.” It’s free!

I’ll be posting a new word every day (and a weekly review on Sundays). I also write about mushrooms, wasei-eigo, and Fukushima dialect. If you’re interested, check it out, bookmark it, read it, leave comments, and share with friends! Thank you!

8 Likes

I’m way too much of a beginner for this to be aimed at me, but it looks great!

2 Likes

This is awesome! Love the amount of research and detail. Keep it up! :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thank you so much! When I have a bit of time, I’m hoping to offer regularly updated spreadsheets and Anki decks for all of the words. Please let me know if you have any feedback or suggestions for new words!

1 Like

Thanks, looks interesting! As I mentioned on another thread, I feel like I need to put more effort into learning vocabulary. I just don’t to well with flashcards (aside from wanikani. But I have been slacking off here, too, lately).

I think people on the forum could make word suggestions but it’s a bit hard not knowing what you’re looking for :upside_down_face: there are just so…many…words… :scream:

1 Like

Haha, good point. There really are SO MANY WORDS. Every day I learn at least one or two in daily conversation or from watching TV, and I’ve been studying Japanese for, what, 20 years now? Eek. It’s a never-ending journey, but at least it’s an enjoyable one.

1 Like

Could it be possible to add a button to go through the pages in chronological order? I really like your choice of words and writing style, and I would like to catch up from the start. But frankly, having to go back to the index page between articles is a bit of a pain.

Great idea! I went ahead and implemented it. Select “All Posts” from the sidebar to see everything in order on one page.

1 Like

Thank you!

We just hit 100 posts! You can see the full list of posts here.

Thanks to everyone who’s been reading, subscribing, and commenting!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.