JLPT anyone?

With COVID and everything I figure I’ll have to wait until next year to be able to attempt.

After doing a whole bunch of practice questions for both N5 and N4 and doing reasonably well, I’m more or less confident I can pass N5. I could probably pass N4 also, but I know I’d feel really bad if I didn’t so I thought maybe it would be better to take and pass N5, feel good about that, and then keep going from there.

That way I’d get a better feel for how the test goes and what to expect beyond study guides. Hopefully by the time I can take any test I’ll have gotten through a good chunk of WaniKani so my reading ability will be improved. (Even though a lot of the practice questions I saw had furigana.)

1 Like

Taking the N2 in Tokyo on December. Scored 150/180 on a mock exam but I’ll most likely score less on the real one (stress, time constraint…). The passing grade being 90 I still feel somewhat confident I’ll get it.

Anyone knows the gap between N2 and N1 ? Is 1 year enough to fill it ?

4 Likes

I’m taking it in Tokyo as well! I got 85ish on an N1 mock test without reviewing anything. Pretty bad but I’m confident I can pass N2. The main difference is kanji for sure, listening is kinda the same, and while there’s a lot of new grammar, it’s not particularly harder to understand than the N2 one. It’s not as big of a jump as N3 and N2 for sure. I think the main obstacle is kanji and vocabulary, because you can get everything wrong just by not knowing a specific word. And sometimes even if you know the kanji, it’s a jukugo that you can’t figure out.

2 Likes

Wanted to take N3 this year but have to wait for next year. Maybe a good thing for me judging how bad my grammar is. :grin:

1 Like

久しぶりだね!大丈夫ですか :3

1 Like

Yes I’m doing great :blush: :heart: hbu?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.