JLPT 2019!

Failed N1 by 10 points. So close~~~. I’ll get it in July though!

The only thing is that I’m not sure what I should work on improving…

Guess just everything? :stuck_out_tongue:

24 Likes

Will try! Thanks for the CET, I really didn’t feel like calculating timezones right now.

I’m still waiting for the results for overseas, but if you’re also bored and waiting for the results to release, you can work out the result URL like this:

http://www.jlpt-overseas.jp/onlineresults/search.do?id1=6150101&id2=10020&password=48193503&image_bottun.x=74&image_bottun.y=43&image_bottun=send

That’s my result url, you can just put in your own registration number (without the 19B) and password. Then keep refreshing until the results go live in ~2.5 hours :smile:

5 Likes

So close! It looks like of all the areas, maybe Grammar is the one where you could get the biggest improvement? Good luck.

1 Like

Ah what a shame, just failed N2 with reading letting me down. Time to practice that speed reading.

14 Likes

I dont remember my password, though. Please tell me they have a place to reset it.

1 Like

i’m like 99% sure when you try to login it says you can reset it but at least for me isn’t the password on your test voucher?

Wasnt given the voucher. I have the admission slip, though.

1 Like

wakes up two hours earlier than usual dammit now im never getting back to sleep I’m going to suffer in agony until I see my results :sob:

2 Likes

oh, the way it worked where i went is a month before they emailed you a voucher that you had to bring with you to the test with general instructions on it as well as your reg number and password. but don’t sweat it, almost certain you can reset

1 Like

Maybe you need to contact the organisation/testing site where you took the test. They should be able to tell you the password.

when I signed up online, I was emailed my details which included the password but not the registration number, because that was given after I paid for it. maybe check your emails for anything?

It says on the admission slip that I’ll need that to access the results. I think I set a pin up before hand but I dont remember it now.

2 Likes

Reading was way harder this year. I was about 3/4’s through with 10 mins remaining had to skim and guess the last few pages. Somehow sneaked a pass but it was girgiri.

7 Likes

Okay, just called. For those who took it in the US, you can log in on the site where you registered and it will actually tell you what your code is as well as your other registration info. You can easily reset your password if you need to. This password is different from your passcode.

https://jlpt.us
AATJ’s phone number (US) is: (303) 492-5487

2 Likes

That was definitely hard. I was shocked not by the difficulty, but by the amount of passages there were! I only finished with two minutes to spare…

1 Like

That … was not reflected in my experiences whatsoever. I took three JLPTs in Japan. All the way up to N1, people failed to follow small instructions, shifted, the guy next to me during the N1 reading even mumbled under his breath throughout most of the passages. (That last one was incredibly distracting and I actually weighed calling over a proctor, though ended up not doing so.)

I have a feeling taking the tests in Japan is about the same as taking them anywhere else.

@lopicake Frustrating, but at least you know you’ll get it next time!

5 Likes

i just wanna yell

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

40 Likes

First time went well

33 Likes

I passed N3 but I cannot believe the breakdown of my scores. Namely 39/60 in Language Knowledge and 54/60 in listening. That’s so crazy to me because I thought the language knowledge was super easy and the listening was way way harder. I actually thought I got almost everything right in Language Knowledge, how delusional lol.

36 Likes