JLPT 2019!

Passed N5. The scores arenā€™t what I expected (except for the listening, because Iā€™m really bad at listening). I hope I will do better this year with the N4.

22 Likes

You royally passed lol

Iā€™m pretty happy with my score. I thought I had done a bit better at listening, but woo, N5!

26 Likes

Passed N3 :slight_smile: thanks to Wanikani and Anki. 110/180 (second attempt)

17 Likes

Thanks for the reply!
Iā€™m a newbie here on the forum so Iā€™ļ½ not sure which bookclubs youā€™re talking about. xD If youā€™re part of one, could you link me to it? :slight_smile: Thank you!

Sure :slight_smile: They are all accumulated in this post:

You can check the books that are currently being scheduled and being read, based on the level of difficulty you are aiming for. There are samples of the books so you can check for yourself what would be suitable for you. Also, the threads of previously read books are good sources for explanations etc, and please feel free to ask questions there even for books that were read long ago - people are still monitoring the threads and will usually still answer.

5 Likes

Good luck with thatā€¦once baby is here youā€™ll not be studying much iā€™ll tell you. Do as much as you can before it comes.

1 Like

Oh same as me!!

Didnā€™t do well in my grammar/vocab but thats because I didnā€™t really study for it aside from taking a couple of past papers the week before :sweat_smile: iā€™m totally going to study for N4 though. No way iā€™m passing that without studying.

15 Likes

But no need to do it over :wink:

Amen to this. @mystcloud
I have a 5 year old and she goes to school now, so I can finally study for a few hours a day.
Anyway, the first few weeks I remember having no time for anything but baby stuff and sleep.
If the baby sleeps well during the day, youā€™ll have some time though. Provided they sleep well during the night too.
When youā€™re in the middle of it, time seems to go slowly. But then one day you wake up and itā€™s the first day for school and youā€™re allā€¦ where did the time go?
Enjoy!

5 Likes

Aiming for N2! I thinkt he jumo from N3 is going to be a bit hard, I just need to drill kanji and grammar like crazy I think.

4 Likes

Hehe this is my second so Iā€™m well aware itā€™s going to beā€¦ difficultā€¦ but my husband will be home with me the entire time Iā€™m on leave and toddler is staying in daycare. Iā€™m hoping to fit in at least some wanikani while trapped on the couch holding a sleeping baby or while feeding them.

6 Likes

I recommend short bursts of study during baby downtimeā€¦ use the auto wrap up script to do 10 reviews at a time - itā€™s great for filling small gaps in time, which I feel is best for ā€œeating the whole elephantā€. Enjoy this timeā€¦ it passes immensely quickly - Iā€™m about to send one out of the nest next fall, and another to follow just 2 years after.

4 Likes

Ah that sounds doable if its your second and toddler is at daycare!!

1 Like

Oh yeah, that tool is a lifesaver, I use it all the time to fit in quick sessions during my train commute. They do grow so fast, I canā€™t believe how big my toddler is already and itā€™s going to be really weird having a tiny baby again.

1 Like

Yeah, we wanted to keep his normal routine as much as possible. Gives me more time to bond with the new baby too!

Random question for all of you who passed the JLPT outside of Japan: Did anyone receive their certificate yet?
Yes, I am aware their website states that theyā€™ll be mailed out to local host institutions early February, I am just being curiousā€¦ :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nope, not yet. Iā€™m trying to wait patiently, but itā€™s hard.
Early February has come and gone, which makes me think itā€™s any day now.

2 Likes

Nope, not yet! I got an email from University of Edinburgh for me send them my address again in email this time, because the online form didnā€™t pick it up right (not local). That was a month ago, I think, before results came out. Since mine needs to be sent from UK to Netherlands, it might take a day or two longer for me, though.

1 Like

Hmmm - I bet itā€™s gonna show up sometime this week. But at least I now get to look for something nice between all those bills and stuff when opening my mailboxā€¦

2 Likes