JLPT 2019!

What does the “reference information” at the bottom mean?

2 Likes

It grades you on how much percent you go correct in that section. I think an A means you got >67% correct, B means 34-66% correct, and C is 34% and below.

Ref: https://www.jlpt.jp/e/guideline/results.html#anchor5 for anyone else wanting to know what each section means!

6 Likes

So apparently even if you stop studying formally, just by reading, listening, and speaking you can improve a lot in 2 years. It’s honestly better that I should be getting, considering I’ve been slacking on actually studying:

Now:

vs 2017:

61 Likes

omg first jlpt and the first ever accomplishment in my extremely short and uneventful life

i think this is fake news i’m probably dreaming

h- howmst

i swear vocab and grammar were way better for me than listening yet listening is 2 points above … lucky guesses i suppose :joy:

49 Likes

I passed N3. I’m a little disappointed in my reading score, and also surprised I didn’t do worse on listening. Maybe the listening section was super curved. :laughing:

52 Likes

Passed N5!

:high_touch:

39 Likes

Failed N3. Which I was expecting - since I am not even 2 years into self-study - but I am flummoxed by the scoring. . . :thinking: I really felt vocabulary was a breeze, I even had time to spare! And Reading isn’t far behind though I ran out of time on the last 3 questions. Hmm.

Listening looks about right. :see_no_evil: Better luck in 2020!

31 Likes

I don’t believe this! :tada:

49 Likes

Passed the N5 on the second attempt (the first one was missing 2% on the listening section) . Not too happy with the score though. Oh well maybe N4 treats me better :slight_smile:

36 Likes

Wow 120/120 :open_mouth::open_mouth::open_mouth:

11 Likes

Wow that is amazing!! There are some really amazing passes here. I feel in awe!!

2 Likes

i took n2 in december. i didn’t pass but i missed by one point in the reading section and 6 overall, which makes me feel much more confident in my japanese abilities than in the past. i haven’t gotten to use the language readily for about 6 months and wasn’t able to study for it because of my school load last semester, so i consider it a good attempt, and now that i know what it’s like i’m ready to tackle it again when i can. though i see people with perfect scores and am in awe lol

20 Likes

I passed the N2! :")

43 Likes

I fell asleep. Woke up again though! I passed N2 with 128/180 points!

40 Likes

Passed N2! 141/180. Man! Was it difficult.

37 Likes

Chiming in with another N2 Pass :slight_smile:

43 Likes

I passed!

Thought I wasn’t gonna pass because of listening but I got it!

39 Likes

Missed by 1 point on N4 - 89/180. Ugh! It was the listening section that killed me. Congratulations to all who passed!

25 Likes

Family JLPT Results:

Daddy (me): N3 FAIL… 84/180 (ouch!) but “A” on vocab - thanks Wanikani! No big shocker - I was way in over my head.

Daughter: N2 PASS!! 132/180 overall

Son: N2 PASS!! 132/180 overall.

The equal scores between kids amused us all. My son did better on vocab and worse on reading compared to my daughter. They both got 60/60 on listening, which is no shocker since they are more conversationally fluent.

51 Likes

I passed N5. I did about as well on the listening section as I expected, but I’m disappointed with my language knowledge/reading score. Oh well, time to start studying for N4 in December.

32 Likes