Japanese Music Club

I am very new to the forum and don’t often interact so forgive me if the format of this is very weird or it is in the wrong place :sweat_smile:
As I have really started to get stuck into learning Japanese grammar I want to start reading books but you know it can be hard to find a club thats just started and you got to catch up etc. and its just a bit of a faff at times.
So I have the idea of setting up a music club where we take a popular Japanese song and go through it as if it was a book, checking each others translations and understanding the grammar behind it.
This could be very convenient to a lot of people as we could go through a song a day, so anyone could join in at any time.
My question to everyone reading this is who would like to help me set up this club? As I am fairly inexperienced with the forum and my knowledge of the Japanese language is pretty rubbish, I’d very much appreciate any help whatsoever :slightly_smiling_face:

**Edit: If you would like to join in add me on twitter @CamJRalph and just drop me a DM :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Sounds like a great idea, I often wish I understood songs better and breaking down lyrics would be a bit like the poetry club, but for music. I can see people being interested ^-^

Also, since it’s your first post…

\textcolor{pink}{\huge \textsf{WELCOME! ^-^}}

Even if you’ve been a member for a while, so aren’t really new hehe
welcome gif - crabigator

Take the time to check out the FAQ and GUIDE if you haven’t already…
…but you probably have, because you seem like you’re diligent and awesome like that ^-^

There’s also a lot of good stuff on the forum to help you…
…that you’ve likewise probably already seen, but it still worth mentiioning!

The Ultimate Guide for WK
The Ultimate Additional Japanese Resources List!
The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps

I hope that you continue to enjoy WaniKani that your worship of the Crabigator is eternal!

2 Likes

(also my first time saying anything on forums!) personally I love the idea of that! I often do it on my own bc it’s hard to find translations of songs I listen to (not so popular abroad ig?) so it’d be great to have that sort of thing here :smiley:

2 Likes

Then a welcome to you too! (though I won’t post that again, seems a bit redundant, hehe)

I think this should notify those involved with this thread but add me on twitter @CamJRalph and we can start coming up with some ideas tomorrow :slightly_smiling_face:

I’d be interested in something like this. I’ve already been picking at some song lyrics, and it can definitely be tricky. It’d be good to have some other minds to bounce off of.

1 Like

Oooh I’d love to join this, I like translating lyrics by Galileo Galilei. Arukara also has some really funky interesting songs with really fun lyrics. One of them is about a clown who’s sad and runs away from the circus, but he gets told his tears don’t mean anything, but eventually gets some validation and support and is told that his emotions aren’t all just an act, his feelings matter too.

1 Like