It's been too long, but now I'm back

So after 5 years + of being absent from Wanikani, I’ve decided that now I’m on a stable spot in life to resume my learning. Dreading the impending 2k+ reviews, I attempted to plow through it. after going through 100 reviews of kanji, vocab, ect. My correct percentage was a terribad 8% of 100. Which left me kinda defeated, but somewhat understandable since I haven’t really practiced reading/learning kanji for 5+ years. Although I did retain a lot of the beginner kanji/vocab. But regardless, my base is pretty much unstable and it would seem I have to rebuild the previous building blocks.

So my question, being at lvl 46 and remembering 0% of the stuff taught to me at this level and previous levels. I’m considering falling back to a lower level. How far do you guys think I should fall back?

8 Likes

If you install the [Userscript] Self-Study Quiz, you will be able to quiz yourself level by level and see where you feel you have a solid enough foundation.

Welcome back!

3 Likes

I’d recommend pushing back one level at a time until you begin to have a greater comprehension. I understand how that might be infeasible, though.

1 Like

Welcome back!

I just went back from level 47 to 1. Hopefully this time I’ll stick with it, and I’ll probably memorize more stuff since it’s my second time around…

1 Like

I was thinking if I ever hit 60, it’d be fun to restart but so that everything starts at Guru level. That’d help to go review everything from beginning but with much easier way to go through the ones you really have burned.

1 Like

Five years is a long time to be away. Welcome back to the world of WK :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.