Is there a way to change the times in the Review Forecast?

My reviews are set for 4am and midnight, but I’m in bed by 10pm. Why is it at such weird time intervals? Can I change the intervals?

1 Like

Simple answers; no.

The review intervals are chosen carefully, you can read about how they work here - you’ll find they come in at these times:

Unlock Kanji = 0hrs
Apprentice 1 -> 2 = 4hrs later
Apprentice 2 -> 3 = 8hrs after that
Apprentice 3 -> 4 = 23hrs after that
Apprentice 4 -> Guru = 47hrs after that

The best advice is to pay attention to when you’re doing lessons. If you do your lessons at 10AM you’ll get the Apprentice 2 review at 2PM and the Apprentice 3 review at 10PM. That way none came in over night.

Also, while I’m here, you might get some use out of this information:

\textcolor{pink}{\huge \textsf{WELCOME! ^-^}}

welcome gif - crabigator

Take the time to check out the FAQ and GUIDE if you haven’t already.

There’s also a lot of good stuff on the forum to help you, like:

The Ultimate Guide for WK
The Ultimate Additional Japanese Resource List
The New and Improved List of API and Third-Party Apps

I hope your Japanese learning journey goes well and that you enjoy your time with us on the forums.

8 Likes

Welcome to the community :sunflower:
You don’t have to do the reviews during nighttime or any time uncomfortable. Just get back to them in the morning.

As I am pretty sure @Joeni sempai will explain the SRS intervals I’ll leave the rest to him :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Intervals are when reviews are available. There is no obligation to do them right away. The reviews will wait for you if you do them late, no matter how late you are. Therefore if you don’t like the scheduled time it is OK to do them when it is convenient for you.

When reviews are scheduled in the middle of the night most people will sleep their night and wait until they wake up to do them. Just join the club.

3 Likes

Do you want to tell that there is a group of individuals who wake up in the middle of the night to do reviews? ._.

5 Likes

I did this for progress blocking reviews for a bit when targeting 6d20h level cycles.

3 Likes

Do note that for levels 1+2 these intervals are halved. From level 3 upwards, you’ll deal with these times mentioned above.

7 Likes

Of course not, that would be silly. We just don’t fall asleep.

6 Likes

Thank you for that, I edited this down from my ‘how levelling works’ thing and didn’t realise I’d chopped off the bit that explains 1+2 :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you! These answer my question :hugs: I’m still figuring out the navigation here so thank you for the links and advices!

1 Like

I don’t exactly remember the intervals in the early levels anymore (I think they are a bit different from the actual levels?), but once you’ve gotten a grip on how the system works I find it immensely useful to find the pace you’re comfortable with then plan your review schedule around that (e.g. it’s by no means mandatory to do the lessons as soon as they’re available) and, of course, stick to that schedule, if possible!

And welcome - hope you have a great time here!

2 Likes