Is there a wanikani app?

Hi! Do you guys use a wanikani app?
Thank you for replying!

3 Likes

There are a few. Check here: The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Personally I use Jakeipuu. It’s on android but I’m not so sure about apple if that’s what you use.

3 Likes

There isn’t an official app, no, but plenty of 3rd party options. Flaming Durtles, Tsurukame are probably the most popular options for android and iPhone. I only ever used Tsurukame, and only very little. I’m sure others can say more about their experience of it.

2 Likes

I’ve been looking at the apps yesterday too. I think Jakeipuu has the more modern interface. I haven’t used Tsurukame (might have years ago) but according to the screenshots it looks to have the old interface. You might wanna try them both out though :slight_smile: Tsurukame allows for offline reviewing though, if that’s what you need.

2 Likes

(iOS) I use Jakeipuu and Tsurukame. The former has a better GUI and lets you choose what reviews/lessons you want to do, but sometimes takes 1-2 mins to load. I use it when I want to learn new kanji without all the vocab.

I use the latter for doing general reviews.

2 Likes

I’ve been using Flaming Durtles since I started. I like its simplicity, and configurability. Haven’t had to look elsewhere since I installed it.

It shows stats like:

• How many JLPT kanji you have learned (classified by the SRS stages)
  • A graph of your progress over time
  • The number of radicals, kanji and vocabulary in your pending Lessons and Reviews.
  • Number of radicals, kanji and vocabulary grouped by SRS stages
  • Recent unlocks
  • Critical condition items, etc.
5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.