Is there a review redistributer?

This may sound a bit stupid at first, but just hear me out. Is there a mod that will take your current review queue, and redistribute it based on the level it’s currently on? As I was transitioning back into school, I haven’t been able to do many reviews, so they’ve been stacking up rapidly, and over just a couple days i’m at ~500, and with my busy schedule, that’s next to impossible for me to do. Is there anyway I can have them redistributed, so I can do them when they come? That would make my life a trillion times easier, and reduce my stress tenfold.

2 Likes

You can always redistribute them manually by simply not doing all the reviews in one sitting. Also, stop doing lessons until you get the queue down a bit.

3 Likes

Yeah, but from my perspective I do 200 reviews throughout the day, and wake up with 300 more. I understand what you’re saying, I’ll keep doing this until it’s at a manageable number.

You can always use [Userscript] WK Fake Numbers 1.4+ so you only have “42+” reviews (visual only, obviously doesn’t change your real count…) :wink:

1 Like

I second not doing lessons, doing reviews only will unlock more lessons, you don’t have to do them right away, especially of you’re trying to get everything under control. I am also student, and I’ve only recently began doing small amounts of reviews again after an extensive build up and a lot of homework and exams.
I have a script [Userscript] WaniKani Prioritize Overdue Reviews (reorder script), which is similar to the reorder script, but it doesn’t interfere with the SRS as much. I’m not sure what settings are possible, because it works for me how it is, but I’d say it’s well worth checking out along with the rest of the API and Third Party apps section The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps.
Just don’t skip vocab items or anything like that, it does more harm than good; take your time, wanikani isn’t a race, the reviews do increase and some people go incredibly fast, but most of us plod along. Part of getting overwhelmed is a bit of a mindset, which is normal, that’s how wanikani works to an extent, but don’t feel pressured to get to 0/0, each person goes at their own pace, and if doing Wanikani is at anytime interfering with your mental health, there is nothing wrong with switching on vacation mode (at the bottom of this page), and taking a break.
Good luck!

I already have that extension. All is well, just a little stressed. I sat down, and grinded around 400 of the reviews.

1 Like