Is it possible to give all meanings or readings for kanji or radicals in a single answer?

I like to study a lot. And when I’m learning the meanings and readings for a radical or kanji, I like to learn all of them. But when I’m taking the quiz or reviewing I don’t know how to give all of the readings or meanings in a single answer. To give an example:

I was taking a quiz and the 工 kanji came up. I know this reads as こう or く and it can mean either Construction or Industry. But when I entered “construction, industry” into the answer field, it marked it as wrong. But when I enter only one of them, the tips tell me that there are multiple meanings for the kanji.

So my question is basically, is there a way to give all the meanings or readings for a kanji in a single answer?

よろしくおねがいします〜

Not for readings, but for meanings you can add all the meanings together as one user synonym.

Or you can just check every time if you remembered all the meanings.

For meanings, maybe you could use a synonym? I’ve never added one, so I don’t know if they allow commas and other such characters. For readings, I don’t believe so. Personally, I just make mental note of the other meanings/readings when I review them.

Must be this one.

3 Likes

Without adding in a userscript Wanikani will only ask you to provide ONE of the readings you know as opposed to all of the readings you know. This is to save time where you will find at later levels some words have 4+ different readings and it just isnt necessary to give all of them.

The thing about multiple readings is that many Japanese texts can be read differently depending on the context. Of course wanikani will try and teach you the most ‘common’ ones though but you should make sure you are familiar with the on’yomi as these are often used in compound words for vocabulary later on (particularly with counters such as numbers, floors, people and days).

The Self-Study script might be helpful for you in between your reviews if you want to practice the readings you don’t normally use.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.