Yes, it’s the plus sign :slight_smile:

When you click it, you get a context menu with:

• My answer was correct
  • Ask again later
  • Add synonym (if it’s a vocab item)
3 Likes

thank you! I shall click that without fear hah

2 Likes

I love this app and it is the only way I use WaniKani, but I definitely agree that it could use a little more internal documentation. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Correction: Add synonym (if it’s a meaning review)

De facto documentation at:

1 Like

That makes more sense, thanks, hehe

1 Like

Are there any plans to implement a widget for iOS14? I’ve seen this issue on Github but I was curious if there has been any work towards this. Thanks!

1 Like

I’m the author of the issue and also one of the contributors. I’d like to implement it (since I want it before I upgrade to iOS 14…) but there hasn’t been anything so far.

1 Like

Are we getting close to adding the feature to separate meaning and reading answer reveals? I often make a typo on the reading before I get the chance to think of the meaning, and see the answer revealed prematurely. That’s a pretty serious hit to the learning process. Thanks.

In the meantime, why don’t you say both reading and meaning either out loud or in your head before you submit the first answer. This way you will know beforehand if you were going to have it right or wrong. It’s kind of what you’d do with Anki.This way you should not have any impact on the reviewing process.

It’s a pending PR - if you build from source, you can help test it:

Thanks for the explanation. I’ve been having a hell of a year but am able to turn some attention back to WK now. Sadly I’m still having the issue.

I saved my local database to export… is there anything sensitive in the information? I’m ready to share it to figure out the problem, but you gave a disclaimer about whether I’d be willing to share, so I’m wondering if I’m missing something. Thanks again.

The database contains Tsurukame’s APIv2 key, so you might want to expire it after sharing…

Cool. Sorry to bother, but the type of file can’t be attached here. Is there any way other than signing up for whatever github is to share this with you? An email would be fine.

Exactly what I expected @martinbr09, it’s a HTTP 422 error.

I just googled that for long enough to confirm that it’s considered a “client-side error,” which is why you’re telling me. I am 100% willing to accept that this is not an issue caused by the programming of the app, but at the same time… I really have done everything over the last few months (redownload, turn off phone, hard reset of app, wait a month and try again, etc.) that I can think of.

However, I’ve had this phone for over 3 years now and I’m tired of it having to make a shutter sound to take pictures because I bought it in Japan, so the issue might solve itself if I get a new phone anyway.

Thank you for your time.

It is a client-side error, but in this case, the client is the app, and it’s something we need to fix in the app (we know what it is too).

In this case, it’s a time-based issue, where the timestamp Tsurukame is sending is in the future according to WK’s server, even if it’s just a couple seconds. You could manually set the time a minute or two earlier on your device as a temporary workaround.

Alternatively, get a slower connection. :wink:

Ahh. Computer programming is my passion, obviously. Thanks for the explanation. For some reason I feel like not being able to change the time other than timezones is a thing Apple would do to their phones, but I will play around with it eventually.

Also laughing at your strike-thru suggestion, as I do not regard my home internet as being high performance, to say the least.

1 Like

If you are actually asking how to change the time off of an actual time zone:

Settings → General → Time & Date

Turn automatic off and shift the time back a little. Try a lesson. :wink:

I love it!! sometimes I rather use this app than the website. you may even show your progres with the vocabulary (just those of the current level though) AND - what is really missing on the website itself - you can turn on Katakana for the on’yomi quizzes. this way it’s easier to remember that they are different from the kun’yomi readings.

2 Likes

Hey I just want to say that I love this app and thank you for making it! 90% of my time on WK is Tsurukame and it’s so pleasant to use.

Is there any recommendation for which of the additional fonts in the app would be best to start with?

I don’t want to only learn the wanikani font but I also don’t think I can handle all five of the extra ones yet.

2 Likes