[iOS] Tsurukame - native app with offline lessons and reviews

There’s no support for イギリス人…? It appears on WaniKani but not on Tsurukame

Tsurukame still believes it’s at level 17 - the DB just needs an update!

Is there anything you can report on this issue that might help us solve it?

I had the issue and a reboot fixed it.

Hello!

Im completely new on this and wanted to ask how to log in into the app?
I don’t really get how those Tokens work

Thanks in advice!

Best regards

1 Like

\textcolor{pink}{\huge \textsf{WELCOME! ^-^}}
@Manekinari

welcome

Take the time to check out the FAQ and GUIDE if you haven’t already.

There’s also a lot of good stuff on the forum to help you, like:

The Ultimate Guide for WK
The Ultimate Additional Japanese Resources List!
The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps

I hope your Japanese learning journey goes well and that you enjoy your time with us on the forums.

—————————————————————————

To answer your question: you log into Tsurukame with your wanikani username and password, so you don’t need to use an API key :slight_smile:

2 Likes

To expand on that, Tsurukame will automatically create its own APIv2 key for you when you do so. That’s the reason for the login information- so that it can make/find the key (named Tsurukame) with the necessary permissions for Tsurukame to work.

See, there was me thinking that I made that Tsurukame key at some point in the past.

1 Like

Not sure how that’s possible since Tsurukame was released around April 18’ and API v2 has been a thing since at least July 17’ :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Woah, has it been that long!?

Okay, I redact my previous statement, hehe.

1 Like

Tsurukame has used APIv2 since the initial commit on November 18, 2017…

2 Likes

The more you know, eh?

I’ve been equating the sun setting thread for APIv1 as having been closer to the launch of APIv2 than it actually was *head desk*

1 Like

I’ve done everything I can think of re: turning off, redownloading, etc., and it’s still like this after however long. I’m not too concerned about it, I guess, but if more information would help you figure it out for others:

-Never had any issues until I reset a few levels earlier in the summer. After that, I had to redownload the app for the first time to get it to register where I was correctly.
-After that, I had this issue once, and it went away when I redownloaded again (I think that’s how I solved it then, can’t remember)
-It started again 1-2 months ago and hasn’t changed this time.
-I can still do reviews w/o issue

I’d love to see the logs when this happens… do you have a database that you can share on the GitHub issue — maybe there’s a relevant error message…

If you do, you might want to expire your Tsurukame APIv2 key.

I’m sorry, I simply don’t know what any of that means. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Was it really as cromulent as cromulent itself to you? :stuck_out_tongue:

In the Settings, are you able to hit “Export Database” and share it on GitHub or here?

If so, and you choose to, we’ll have access to your API key - but it has read and write permissions, so you might want to expire it on the WaniKani website in the API keys section.

I just downloaded this and it’s great so far! I am feeling a bit dumb, but how do I redo an answer that I made a typo on to get the item right? Is it the plus sign? I’m afraid if I click that I’m going to add an alternate meaning/reading or something. I think the check mark is to just move on to the next item?

Yes, it’s the plus sign :slight_smile:

When you click it, you get a context menu with:

• My answer was correct
  • Ask again later
  • Add synonym (if it’s a vocab item)
3 Likes

thank you! I shall click that without fear hah

2 Likes

I love this app and it is the only way I use WaniKani, but I definitely agree that it could use a little more internal documentation. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like