Idk what to put as a title

Definitely find some people to keep you on top of you reviews and to keep you motivated to continue. Mutually encouraging each other works wonders. Encouraging others will also encourage you (that’s responsible in a large part for me starting to get back, albeit slowly, on top of my massive reviews pile.)I also recommend reconnecting with why you wanted to learn Japanese in the first place regularly, or putting the knowledge you gain here to practical use, reading something, learning something, writing something, validating your progress which will help you want to learn more. Despite how easy it is for the human brain to stop learning, it is incredible how much learning just something simple can excite your brain (even tho it just told you it was done with learning). And then develop a routine of sorts, to fall back on when you have a low day and your brain is only just making the motions, and stick to your routine even when you have an up day and want to learn it all in one sitting (which also helps ward off burn out).
Also don’t do everything the moment it’s available, it will get you very demotivated and burnt out since Wanikani snowballs very quickly thanks to the SRS. No-one expects you to to everything as soon as it comes, if you have a down day, don’t beat yourself up over it. Your mental health is more important than your 0/0 streak.
I hope some of that unintentionally massive post helped : )

Also, since it’s your first time posting:
\textcolor{MediumPurple}{\huge \textsf{Hi}} {\huge \textsf{@Jpl}} \textcolor{MediumPurple}{\huge \textsf{!}}

tenor

It’s great to have you here!

If you haven’t already check out the Forum Guidelines and the Wanikani User Guide .
There’s also tonnes of things on the forums to help you on your way such as The guide, The Ultimate resource list, and API and Third Party Apps.

If you have any questions, check out this thread; but if this doesn’t answer your questions, feel free to create a thread like you’re done here, or email The Wanikani staff.

Good luck, and I look forward to seeing you around!

5 Likes