I was told there would be cake. Please give the cake

Where’s that cake at?!?!

In seriousness, it took me from April 26th, 2021 to today to make it to 60. It was fun, but the message in the automatic email resonates with me. It’s time to leave the Wanikani nest. I use several resources extensively, and am probably hovering around an N3-N2 level right now. Wanikani was great, but based on discussions with my private tutor, it follows the law of diminishing returns. There’s only so many times I will ever use the words “divine providence” or “suspension of indictment” in my life. My advice to my fellow learners is to realize that Wanikani is there to expose you to Kanji, but you will NOT learn Japanese with this site. At least not alone. Keep at it !

57 Likes

The cake is a lie. Congratulations on making it to level 60!

15 Likes

I beg to differ :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Congrats on making it to 60! Here is some cake for you.

11 Likes

:partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

Amazing job getting to level 60! :tada:

Also, here you go! :cake:

9 Likes

congrats! :cake: :cake:

4 Likes

Congratulations! :crabigator: :cake:

3 Likes

Having finally played Portal 1+2 this month I finally understand this reference!

4 Likes

I hadn’t played both games since they were released anymore. Recently got my Steam Deck and played them both again last week. Such classics :slight_smile:

Glad you know about the reference now :wink:

OP - well done, grats!

1 Like

Congratulations, you have earned exclusive access to The Cake Room

https://community.wanikani.com/t/the-cake-room/34015

After 2 weeks, I have to say, more satisfying than hitting 60 is having no current lessons, reviews, or apprentice items :sunglasses:

4 Likes

I’m late, but here’s some more cake for you:

2 Likes

What a beautiful cake

1 Like

There is no cake, just more suffering.

3 Likes