Let there be cake! ( A Lv. 60 post)

Last week, after 416 days of Wanikani, I hit level 60…and then I made a Japanese Cheesecake to celebrate!

When I started Wanikani, I had just learned Furigana and Katakana the week before. I didn’t know any Japanese. For me, finding Wanikani was invaluable. It took the stress out of learning Kanji and introduced me to words I wouldn’t have seen otherwise. It also gave me structure, which is invaluable to someone like me who has anxiety and OCD.

In addition to studying Kanji, I am using Bunpro for grammar. I generally learn three points at a time there and then use the other resources I have (Tae Kim and Japanese grammar dictionaries) to solidify my knowledge. I can pretty comfortable read beginner to intermediate text. I am also able to play through VNs as long as I have my dictionary handy for new words.

From here, I plan on continuing to go through my grammar studies and learning more Kanji after I burn what I have in my backlog.

Anyway, here is the breakdown of my levels!

57 Likes

Congrats on hitting level 60!

also I love the cake, it’s so cute :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

massive congrats!

the cake is absolutely gorgeous and since you already have one, please have a cuppa to go with that

lucky!!!

9 Likes

Wow, that cake is so cute!! omg :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: I bet it tastes good, too :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Congrats on level 60! :partying_face:

5 Likes

Congratulations

Level 60 requires persistence and dedication.

2 Likes

congratulations! and what an amazing cake! :smiley:

2 Likes

That cake is adorable!
Congratulations on reaching the top! :partying_face: :birthday:

2 Likes

Congratulations! Well done!

2 Likes

Incredible! Good work!

2 Likes

That cake made my morning! It’s a delight! Well done on the big six-zero and best of luck with everything that comes next!

2 Likes

Congrats on that massive achievement !!!

I also own grammar dictionaries and I was wondering how are you using them, do you come across a grammar point that you don’t know and then look into them to find it or you read the whole dictionary to know it all ?

Best of luck on your future studies

2 Likes

Congratulations! You made a quite a speed run thru WK. And this cake is AMAZING!

2 Likes

I love that you made a cake. I can’t wait to make my own “graduation” cake when I get to 60 next year.

4 Likes

If I come across a grammar point I don’t know, I’ll read about it. But also, since I am using Bunpro, my grammar points come in sets of three. I read all of the information that Bunpro gives on the point, then I read all of the example sentences. From there, I look them up in the grammar dictionary. If I still don’t have a good grasp, I refer to Tae Kim. I try to read something everyday and some of the points come up more than others.

2 Likes

congratulations! Love your cake…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.