I started BunPro now that i am Level 60

I just started Bunpro an hour ago or so, and i think its pretty cool so far, they even have wanikani api integrated (so furigana only show when you have yet to guru the word on wk).
Anybody else using Bunpro here?
Already finished JLPT N5 items

15 Likes

Yup, been using it on and off for the last year, it’s a really good reinforcement tool :slight_smile:

4 Likes

wow…that’s going to be intense if you don’t already know them :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

i knew pretty much all of them
I expect my grammar to be a tad above N3 i guess

5 Likes

Yes, I’ve been using Bunpro for something over four months on a daily basis now. I do WK and BP usually right after the other, plus other stuff.

1 Like

seems like a lot of workload
good luck being dedicated like that

2 Likes

It’s not that bad. There are days that are tougher than others, but since I’m not racing and taking my own time instead, only doing WK diligently with daily lessons/hourly reviews, I’m not getting death by avalanche of reviews on either platform either. BP sometimes doesn’t have any reviews for several hours, so that’s okay. Been at it with WK like this for 9 months, BP for 4+. Whenever I get too many things wrong, I just take a deep breath, loosen my collar a bit and see what I can learn from what went wrong. Reading/writing/watching daily are also part of the routine. To me, it’s been a lot of fun so far. It’ll be even more fun when I can read more freely, without the help of my Jiten/Jisho, or at least will be able to switch and use those in Japanese only, which I hope should be soon-ish.

4 Likes

are you a student?
to me that sounds like you spend every single minute learning Japanese haha

1 Like

Yeah, bunpro is great! But damn, that’s gonna be one hell of an avalanche of reviews, adding so many to the SRS in a couple of hours :stuck_out_tongue: Best of luck!

3 Likes

doing N4 right now :eyes:
I want them reviews

Actually i should do WK first but i cant be bothered LOL

2 Likes

I am using it. I started about 3 months ago. Finished jlpt 5 two weeks ago

3 Likes

what are your thoughts on it?
Did it help you with reading stuff and talking with people?
In my case i am able to read most stuff even if i dont know the exact grammar rules by feel.
but when i started talking to other people i always notice the immense lack of grammar i have

2 Likes

uh i have mixed opinion about it. It is really useful though i don’t really try to read anything(not motivated/lazy) so i am not 100% sure of that. I am still think vocabulary is what is holding me back

In my opinion reading is the best way to expand your vocabulary knowledge!
Get reading!!

5 Likes

What do you recommend to get into that. Except reading books/manga
What do i need to do while reading

I just started reading and looked up the words i didnt know on jisho. First of all find something easy so you get into the basic manga strutctures, it will help you reading any manga. My first Manga was the first 2 volumes of Dragonball which i imported from Japan.

After that i read World Trigger, I also started 古見さんはコミュ症です which i made a japanese Amazon account for and Downloaded the eBooks in Japanese

In my case i did not start reading cuz i wanted to start learning Japanese more diligently but because i wanted to read those mangas except for Dragonball, so i wasn’t to gungho about all the vocab and prob forgot a lot of it again. But you could make an Anki Deck with all the words you don’t recognize or use some other methods to help you with remembering all that vocab, pretty sure other people can give you more tips.

Start easy (take some time the first pages will be hard, took me 5 minutes per page at first)
Find something you enjoy once you are there
Also reading will also help you learning to use dictionarys more efficiently, cuz you’ll use them a lot prob, you shouldn’t be ashamed about looking things up either, better check twice before you remember a word the wrong way

Btw i was about lvl 18 when i started dragonball and lvl 30+ with World Trigger

1 Like

Do you read any of the links, or corresponding DoJG entries? Because honestly I think that is the primary benefit of Bunpro. I consider the main entries to be just a summary and always look at the links and DOJG entries to get the nuances.

1 Like

I haven’t yet, as i said, i just started. But if you say so I will check them out when I am unsure about something!

I started Bunpro around level 5. You know Bunpro unlike WK lets you skips items you already know. There is no need to do stuff you already know.

its still good to do some revisions, that is reviews.

1 Like