I got 明 wrong for typing みょう

I know the めい reading is far more common, but to outright mark it as wrong instead of asking for another reading seems unacceptable. I was thinking of the 敬語 reading of 明後日.

2 Likes

Can’t you add it as a synonym? or maybe that is that only for English answers actually.

1 Like

Probably worth pinging the mods about it, @Mods, 明 is missing a few onyomi readings

3 Likes

Yeah, I don’t think you can add alternate kana readings. It just sucks that my srs for the character is screwed now when I do know it.

4 Likes

Yah, I think it’s definitely worth adding. Even aside from (possibly uncommon) on’yomi variants of words, it’s used in the title of 不動明王, for example, which you’ll certainly encounter if you start visiting temples in Japan.

Can also e-mail hello@wanikani.com (though since the Mods have already been pinged…)

4 Likes

Indeed, you cannot - user synonyms are meaning only.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. We’ll take a look at this and see if we’d like to add more on’yomi readings to the 明 kanji.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.