I finally did it! (No not that)

No not level 60!

After more than 5 years and 3 level resets back to 1 (from above levels 18, 25 and 30), I’ve finally become a life member.

I’ve probably paid for wanikani life membership 3 times over, so the lesson for everyone just starting and dedicated to finishing - buy life membership early!

Merry Christmas everyone.

20 Likes

I appreciate this, but I’m still debating it… $200 is still a lot of money all at once. $9 at a time hurts a lot less

1 Like

If you are debating whether to get it or not, now’s the time - sale only happens once a year.
I got it when I realized I won’t finish WK in 2 years, as it happened, I started about 2 years ago and still have plenty to burn!

6 Likes

I agree with this. As a student I can afford a little every month, more than a chunk at once =D

But if I manage to be able to save up, I’d definitely buy it =)

3 Likes

If possible, set aside $17 a month for the next year. Then, if you want WaniKani lifetime, you can buy it December 2021. And if you decide you don’t want WaniKani lifetime, you’ll have an extra $200 freed up =D

5 Likes

Last year around this time my progress had pretty much died down and I must have been somewhere around level 45. Like OP I already had purchased the yearly subscription many times. So I decided to get lifetime in order to keep taking WK slow. Strange thing being the moment I became a lifetime member, suddenly I was able to gain momentum again. Well and now here I am at level 60. Would I have been as fast without lifetime membership? No idea

3 Likes

You made level 60… er, sorry, 06! :smiley:

We are here to help you. Please stick around and we will all try to help you climb the mountain!

1 Like

One recommendation. If you aren’t or can’t go lifetime, look at doing a yearly IF you know you will stick to it.

Don’t just jump on the $89 option though. Email support and ask if there are any available coupons. Most likely they will throw you a 20% off. That will get your yearly to about $72. Comes out to more like $6 a month except you do have to pay it in a lump.

If you think you can get through WK in 2 years or less, and you will be happy with where you will be at the end of those 2 years, you could get through Level 60 at $144 if you can score another 20% off for your second year.

Just a recommendation and I get that it’s not always within the realm of possibilty, but I figure the more you know, the more informed any decision you may make later. Or now. :wink:

3 Likes

You can also try asking for a monthly discount. Not sure if they offer those through the support channel or if you can only get discounts on yearly…

Even if it saves a $1 month, $1 is a $1.

1 Like

Ah! Didn’t know they did that =0

Ah well, fortunately I’m pretty comfortable with the monthly plan for now… But who knows in the future =P

Thank you!

1 Like

I don’t like the asking for discounts. I feel bad for having paid my first year regularly, when people can just beg for coupons.

I don’t see it as begging and if they didn’t want you to use a coupon, they wouldn’t give them to you when you ask.

If the option is they get a subscriber at 20% off or they don’t, they make more money with the former over the latter.

And of course, nothing says you have to ask for a coupon and it’s fine to pay full price if you feel it’s worth the value you’re putting in.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.