How's my Japanese Study Plan?

Hey Guys! Really great to be here. Will you please take a second and look at how I’m learning Japanese?
I do this EVERYDAY.

1. WaniKani Review
  2. WaniKani Lesson (Just one a day. 5 new cards)
  3. 4-5 pages in Japanese from Zero (I do 2 chapters a week. I’m currently finishing up book one)
  4. Anki Deck for Japanese from Zero Vocabulary (5-10 new cards a Day)
  5. I have anime/music/podcasts/news playing in Japanese (no subtitles) constantly for passive/active listening through the day.

What do you guys think? Any critiques? So far, this has really been working for me and I’m really enjoying the experience. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the community.

It is working and you having fun? So just keep at it.

That looks good! It’s good to set a pace for yourself. Like @Chiv said, there’s really not much to say about any study plan other than: “Do you like it?” In my experience, the ONLY important thing is that you keep doing it. If at any point you don’t feel like doing this any more, know that habits are formed simply by doing them. Even if you don’t want to.

First I’d say that anything that keeps you studying every day is a good thing. That’s how progress is made! And as long as you’re personally satisfied with the progress you’re making, it’s a successful plan, right? If you want more specific feedback, it would be helpful to know whether you have specific goals (e.g., time constraints, etc) that you want to meet. That would help people provide more feedback as to how to reach those goals efficiently.

Another really good resource is https://www.bunpro.jp/ using this in tandem with your kanji and vocabulary srs tools will really fill out your fluency.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.