How to change your user description?

I’m not sure if this should go in Wanikani’s requesting help but there doesn’t seem to be a forum help section so I’m sorry if this is in the wrong place. I can’t seem to find a way to change my user description, I’ve been to the preferences page, and I can see the description there, but there is no way to edit it. Am I missing something?

I think you can change it under your wk profile, should be your about field.

I think the only way to do it is through the WK settings page

Thank you, I thought that page had been deleted because of the forum’s preferences page. Silly me.

So I did that a bit ago but it hasn’t transferred to the community section yet. Not sure what’s going on there.

Either they haven’t gotten it to automagically update yet or it’s updating infrequently. We’ll just have to wait and see. Either way it’s probably going to work in the future

Log out, but from here and not the dashboard page. Then log back in and reopen the forum. I think I figured out the secret trick, but you will be my guinea pig.

The experimental researcher in me quite enjoys being a guinea pig

Logged out, closed browser, reopened browser, deleted cache and cookies for WaniKani, navigated to WaniKani, logged in, got the notification for a new badge, ???, profited. Though my profile on the pop-up hasn’t really changed, it does appear to have changed on the full profile.

Hrm. Maybe it was just coincidence that mine finally changed at that point. It took about 5 hours or so.

@Cassykins Yeah maybe that’s what it’ll be. I do think the logging out helped. I edited my post right as you responded, but basically my full expanded profile did get updated.