Possible Profile About bug

I’m not sure whether I stumbled on a bug, or I’m doing something wrong.

I used to have an About on my Wanikani profile that was the same as on my Wanikani Community profile.

Then I changed the About on Wanikani profile, but quite a few weeks later my Wanikani Community profile still shows the old About.

Do I have to manually change the About on my Wanikani Community profile? If so could you please tell me how?

Not a big deal, but I thought I would flag this matter so if it is a bug it could get queued up for a fix (re: continuous improvement quality cycle and all that).

As far as I know, they’re not supposed to stay in sync.

1 Like

Thank you @seanblue.

Do you know where I could edit my About on my Wanikani Community profile? I tried to look at https://community.wanikani.com/u/username/preferences but I couldn’t find it?

Click the drop down that says Account and select Profile I think.

They aren’t? I’ve always changed mine from WK though o:

There’s only location, website, the pictures upload and the birthday there.

I legit think this is a bug. I tried changing my profile as well from WK and it stopped working. Maybe the sync between WK and Discourse isn’t happening, idk.

1 Like

I don’t set profile information, so I was just speculating.

2 Likes

Thank you @jprspereira. That’s exactly what I meant.
As bugs go, this is certainly a very low priority one and it only upsets my OCD. Is there a procedure to let @viet know about this?

1 Like

I think you just did. :joy:

3 Likes

Oh that was easy :slight_smile: Thank you @seanblue

2 Likes

Did you try logging out and back in?

4 Likes
3 Likes

If this works, I’m going to laugh very hard. I make this joke all the time and I actually didn’t remember trying it for this particular thing.

1 Like

Mine updated after I logged out and back in again a few days ago, so it at least worked a few days ago.

3 Likes

lol it worked.

hides in shame

4 Likes

Oh my! it worked. Thank you @Kumirei.

PS. My level (shown on my avatar) also updated from 02 to 04!
It seems that (at least some) things are synchronised from WK only if you log out and log in again.

2 Likes

have you tried hiding and unhiding to factory reset the thread?

3 Likes

That’s too shameful to do, even for me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.