How much of a manga does one episode of anime equal?

wait what? t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶u̶l̶t̶ ̶m̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶s̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶r̶o̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶i̶p̶t̶u̶r̶e̶s̶ oh I must be mistaken

4 Likes

its a wanikani thing, theres lots of little weird things in the community that you will hopefully get to know better as you stay and learn!

5 Likes

If you stay and learn. You’re pretty much giving them the whole WK course.

5 Likes

Oh, ok. Well then, I’m looking forward to it.

1 Like

I will stay and learn, yes.

What do you mean?

1 Like

They’re dropping all the community jokes on you, so you’re obviously going to be confused.

7 Likes

I see. And you’re right, I am confused.

5 Likes

From my experience with manga (especially comedy and slice of life), there’s often one episode of anime per 2-3 chapters of manga. I have no idea about Death Note in particular, but hopefully this information is useful in general.

P.S. It’s only a matter of time before “to leebo” gets added to the dictionary.

3 Likes

Sorry about that. It’s really hard to refrain from doing those jokes. :sweat_smile: I currently refraining really hard from summoning no_u to give you proper cubic access making more stupid inside jokes.

More on point, and as stated before, you can probably find an equivalence between the anime episodes and manga chapters. Sadly Wikipedia only has the episode titles:

It may help, or it may not. In some anime, the order is completely out of wack (e.g. flying witch). For something story driven like death note, though, I assume it should be fine, and hopefully episode titles are enough information…

5 Likes

There are 108 chapters and 37 episodes. You can probably count on there being around 3 chapters per episode.

3 Likes

It’s fine, I just have to get used to them and eventually learn to do them myself.
And thanks, I’ll try that, too.

1 Like