How long do you spend on WaniKani each day?

I do my lessons all at once typically which I wouldn’t recommend doing. Mostly because reviews will pile up that way. I’ll do my lessons in hour increments with about 50% at 5pm and 50% at 6pm. I’ll miss a couple of vocab. But I’ll typically cram the kanji pretty hard. I have about 200 reviews a day, usually. I’ll probably wind up going the spread out lessons tactic soon. Maybe around level 20.

1 Like

For lesson, maybe around 1hour (30-50 item), for review I do it as quickly as possible 30 sec 1 item (meaning & reading). So for lesson-busy day 250 item will be spent in 2 hours.

Clumping review is so useful tho, so I don’t need to open WK every hour. 3-5 times a day typically.

1 Like

This closing stretch is like 2 hours a day minimum.

I unfortunately had 1100 reviews + 55 lessons the other day and it took about 6 hours.

1 Like

On review:

On lessons:

Not sure how accurate it is @Kumirei

1 Like

Daily totals:
10-15 minutes in lessons.
30-45 minutes in reviews.

2 Likes

Wow. I pray that one day I’ll be able to do things as quick as you. 100 items in 15 mins is 1 review every 11 seconds! Damn. Good for you, that’s impressive!

I do take my time with the lessons, but I’m pretty quick on the reviews. I try to take my losses, going for quick and dirty. Only in the very beginning of a level do I take my time on the reviews as well. Not sure how much time though. As much as it takes to reach 0/0? :joy:

1 Like

What’s this script?

1 Like

I have a work from home customer service job. I’ll get times throughout the day where I’m waiting for calls. I have WaniKani on the side to click onto and practise. I’d say I practise as much as the lessons and reviews come up. Maybe between 1-2 hours in total.

1 Like

The Heatmap script. You get those stats by hovering over the Time. Toggle the icon in the upper right corner to see stats for Lessons.

2 Likes

Around an hour combined, depending on the number of lessons / reviews. 5-20 lessons and 50-120 reviews per day average. Less time if I slow down lessons, mostly because I am tired from work.

1 Like

Probably several hours. I’m not sure I want to know. I recently started the fast levels so reviews are really starting to pile up though.

If I have a lot of reviews to go through, I’ll break it up into little bits and take breaks. For example, I did this morning’s reviews in three separate sessions.

1 Like

Useful! I tried getting there. Which icon should I look?

1 Like

:man_facepalming: myself

I’m using this script yet I never noticed that, lol

At any rate:
wanikani-lessons wanikani-reviews

So based on last month statistics this would give on average 2 minutes for lesson (eeeee???) and 27 minutes for reviews, ~30 minutes daily in total.

3 Likes

Have you installed the heatmap userscript? Please have a look in this thread for instructions

2 Likes

Me neither, that’s why there is a setting for the session time limit. The default is 10 minutes, meaning that answers separated by anything less than 10 minutes add to the time spent.

tbf it’s a new feature since the big update

6 Likes

I’d guess about half an hour to an hour a day between WaniKani and KameSame on average, sometimes a bit more when a bunch of Master items come back all at once (like today… 233 reviews). I’ll spread out my lessons if it starts being too much.

1 Like

It really depends for me. I try to clear all my reviews and lessons in the least amount of batches i can without overworking my brainhole too much, but i have a sneakin suspicion that this masterful technique will bite me in the a** once i get to the real hard hitting levels.

But for now, i’ll enjoy my easy levels :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Will level up to 20 tomorrow and according to my hours stat on here, I am at about 115 hours for lessons/reviews together. Started 136 days ago (7 day level up) without a missed day so that works out to 50 minutes a day. As it was slower in the start, I guess it is leaning closer to 60 minutes though.

As I am also now reading 30-45 minutes a day on top of Wanikani and grammar (and full time job and other hobbies), I am considering slowing down and spending less time on Wanikani.

2 Likes

About an hour a day. Mostly reviews, and the odd lesson here and there. I live and work in Japan, so WK has helped me out tremendously.

3 Likes