How do i use the self study script with the additional filters to review my leeches?

I have quite a few leeches that are killing me right now. Reviews are taking forever and it’s just an uphill battle I’m not going to win with my amount of free time. How do I pinpoint my leeches and review them? I was messing with the self-study/ additional filters and can’t figure it out.How do i view the leeches info and mnemonics? Also tips on getting the leeches to stick?

1 Like

Hello :durtle_hello: - You’ll need to install a second script to add the additional filters
You can find it here
You can then adjust the settings as you please - I’ve just installed it myself so I can’t tell you anymore than that, except that I like it and I hope it helps!

2 Likes

I have that script installed. Where do you apply the filters though?

Go to the menu and select the settings option then additional filters. A new box will open and you can select which filters you want to use.
53%20am
30%20am

Then open up the self study script as normal and tick whichever one you want to use.

2 Likes

Besides of what AmandaB said: in the self study quiz > settings > items > Filters > Leech Training factor (any number, try 1.1 or higher)

2 Likes

Do you know if there is a way to look at the kanji/radical/vocab info/reading through the self study app?

1 Like

No. But you can chose to display correct answer if you get it wrong (see settings). Also, you can always have lots of browser windows open (one for the quiz, one to look up at wanikani’s kanji definitions, one for the community, etc)

4 Likes

Hi… if you’re still there, could you explain what the number on the leech training factor means? I’m really confused!

I stopped using this script a long time ago. I remember it was some ratio.
I searched over WK and an old post of @seanblue said that:

Only include leeches. Formula: incorrect / currentStreak^1.5 >= X . This is the same formula used by hitechbunny’s various leech scripts, so using the default leech threshold of X=1 should give you roughly the same leeches. The higher the value, the fewer items will be included as leeches.

1 Like

That makes sense. Thank you!

1 Like