Hinekidori's Wanki deck font failure after updating Anki

Am I the only one experiencing that the fonts are not displayed properly (see image) after installing the latest Anki update (Version 2.1.5) on Mac?

This happened after I updated Anki (on both of my Mac computers) so I blame it on the new update…

Does anyone know of a solution to this? I tried changing the font family but to no avail.

@hinekidori you’re so good you even show up in the title of threads :wink:

1 Like

Haha, yeah I would have PM:ed him but this function doesn’t seem to exist… (why?).

Some serious stuff happened through PMs and the staff decided to not make them available anymore. It’s understandable.

I’m sure he’ll show up in here :stuck_out_tongue: That’s why I tagged him.

Thank you so much, by the way I really enjoyed your long post detailing your WK journey. It was very inspirational… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yaaay, glad it helped you :heart: Let me know if you have any questions and stuff :grin::v:

@jprspereira - I don’t know about good, but maybe an ancient mythical presence… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@ajje - More than likely it is just a font compatibility issue. I used Noto Sans for all my decks so double check you have it installed in your system. If that doesn’t work you can change the code in the deck for something that works better on Mac computers. I’m not familiar with Mac fonts unfortunately.

1 Like

Well, already tried that. Whatever font I change to the font remains the same…

Actually I kinda got it to work now, changed everything to Helvetica…

1 Like

OK, so got it now to display a gothic font instead of that mincho one, but the Chinese character still remains:

One question: how into Anki are you?

I’m not using Anki at all. I’m using Kitsun. It’s more user friendly and the project is deff growing in the direction of becoming superior to Anki at all levels.

There are a couple of cools decks there already, which you can start using right away. For example, Core 10k, Genki deck, a couple of vocab decks for the book clubs, etc.

This project will go Pay to Use in the next month or so, while Anki is free (except app). But worth checking? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’m not so much into the nitty gritty of formatting cards, but I do use Anki on a daily basis, and not only for Japanese.

I’ve heaard about Kitsun but see no point in paying for something that is already free and very functional (apart from the occasional glitches).

1 Like