Help With Writing a Userscript

I have several Wanikani tools/games that I’ve written with Javascript but I just can’t seem to figure out how to make them into userscripts. Right now they are just .html and .js files that I have to manually load :disappointed: They include a search-by-on’yomi tool, a radical search, a verb or adjective lister, and a game where you match the onyomi to the kanji for each level.

I think that they might be helpful for the WK community, but first I need some help from you guys. Anyone willing to help me out?

1 Like

For personal use:
Install the Tampermonkey extension and make a new script, copy and paste the code.

For publication:
Go to Greasemonkey, make an account, make a new script, copy and paste the code, publish, share on the forums.

3 Likes

Thanks, I do have those installed but I meant more of the technical details of writing the code. Right now I’m getting tripped up with making my userscript access the API data to make an array.

2 Likes

I’m not too familiar with the API myself, but you can have a look that the v2 documentation here

And the Wanikani Open Framework by rfindley, made to make using the API simpler, here

3 Likes