Help with hinekidori‘s Core 10K Anki Deck

I am very new to Anki, I only purchased it a few days ago and had minimal exposure so apologies if this is not a valid question.

The quality and size of the deck seems astounding but I have several issues either related to Anki or the deck and I can’t find any way to ask for help on the main h to read as it closed so long ago.

1. When I enter the wrong word it is looking for I get a very strange message below instead of showing me the correct word?

2. When I enter nothing and click done I get a message saying chicken?

3. The meanings of the word are obvious different as many kanji mean many things but both meanings for the kanji in question are completely different to what I learned on WK, previous compared to ahead/first.

Thanks in advance.

It’s previous as in:

先週 - せんしゅう - last week

It’s ahead in things like:

先端 - せんたん - tip of a spear

It’s first in things like:

先頭 - せんとう - head, lead, first

The WK one, previous, is probably the one you should stick with for now as it’s probably the most common.

Also, you can enter a wildcard in Jisho to see all words with that kanji like so:

先 - Jisho.org*

That can help with seeing the different usages.

As for Anki, can’t help you there, sorry.

1 Like

Thanks for the response regarding the meaning.

What I have just found out how to do is to suspend or bury the tag for WK to emit the WaniKani vocabulary/Kanji I am learning to avoid duplication.

EDIT: Also thanks for the wildcard tip, I didn’t know this and I’m sure it will come in useful!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.