Heatmap Stories! (WaniKani Activity Chart)

Gaps are vacation time and recover-from-vacation-while-still-in-vacation-mode time…

7 Likes

Wow!! You managed to get all same color for an entire month! That IS impressive! =D
The months around are almost same color too, just one color of in a few days. That sure is consistent! =D

*checks
Jupp, in August 2017 I have 1 whole week of same color… That is the ONLY whole week I found! So wow, very impressed!

4 Likes

I am so disappointed that I can’t get this script to work yet. Anything that uses the open framework gives me a couple of weeks of grief until I can get them running.

3 Likes

Only two days where I didn’t do any reviews, due to being sick :stuck_out_tongue:

You can also really nicely see that the workload is highest in the middle of the journey and slowly goes down towards the end!

21 Likes

Very nice and consistent too! =D

I wonder, I love dark mode on the forum, but how do you get it on the dashboard? Is it official or userscript? (I need it! D= )

3 Likes

It’s this one:

1 Like

How is this for consistency perseverance?

17 Likes

It worked even without reloading after installing! =D
Not a big fan of changing the colors, have to get used to the new ones (what is apprentice, guru ++)
Hm, I do like the colors they chose though, so seems easy enough. Thanks a bunch! =D

3 Likes

Just had a big long vacation? =P
Seems fairly consistent since you started again though, that is what matters! =D

2 Likes

You are all making me look bad. I should steal one of your screenshots for the script thread

I’ll have you know I was very consistent the first half of 2017… I promise

8 Likes

There were vacations :sailboat:… but last year in august I went on holiday without activating vacation mode. I had a nice horrifying pile of reviews when I managed to get access to Wanikani.

It’s really cool how this script allowed me to check it: 493 items on August 8, 2018. That’s a train ride back from vacation I can remember!

3 Likes

It might be nice to have a few so people can see the difference =)
You are free to use mine if you wish. (normal colored one can be found on original thread =P )

1 Like

Oh I meant to ask you guys! How do you feel about the intervals? I chose 0, 1-50, 50-100, 100-200, 200-400, 400< pretty arbitrarily

3 Likes

Seeing how colorful mine looks, with only rarely hitting the darkest, looks good to me! =D

3 Likes

I am fairly consistent in doing fairly little

18 Likes

Slow and steady wins the race :wink:

4 Likes

I think that you chose appropriate intervals. Less than 50 reviews is a light day. The next big jump in time is around 100 reviews. … More than 400 is crunch time.

4 Likes

New kid on the block, but I haven’t skipped a day yet. January was a pretty solid month so I’m hoping to continue that into February!

7 Likes

August/September 2017: super stressful time at work, not a lot of sleep, no free time, had to enable vacation mode

November 2017, March 2018, November 2018: Japan :sunny:

July 2018: I had no idea I had such a bad month until I saw the heat map. I’m guessing it was the July JLPT that stressed me out and I needed time to get back into it. Or something else happened and I’m repressing the memory of it.

September - November 2018: Trying to get from N5 to N4 in that time while being busy at work.
I wonder what I was thinking on that one day in October where I tried to do some reviews and then immediately was like “nope” again.

December 2018: Getting back into WaniKani after my JLPT break. It was not fun.

Currently: trying to get to N3 in July but also motivated to keep up with WaniKani so that I can get to level 60 soon and move on to other things. Second week of January I went on a business trip and it is interesting how you see even that on the heat map.

7 Likes

Oooooh, it’s fun to look at. I can really see when I used to do all my lessons when they got available, as it created big dips in reviews just before I guru’d items, and huge spikes just after.
Pretty much clockwork too… It feels satisfying to look at January, May and (to some extend) June/July 2018. Also interesting to see how much more uniform things got when I started to spread lessons equally throughout the week :slight_smile: (Also, my highest review count in a day is 485)

9 Likes