Have you ever done your reviews while drunk?

…asking for a friend

15 Likes

I haven’t, but there are surprisingly many threads on the topic

https://community.wanikani.com/search?q=drunk

7 Likes

Regretted it every time.

13 Likes

Good point - I did search for them first but didn’t read any of them because… too drunk?!
I’m sure they are full of wisdom them.

5 Likes

My reviews just came through at 63%
I’ll take it!

8 Likes

Wait. Are you drunk…now?

7 Likes

What’s ‘drunk’? Are you…I mean your ‘friend’ hunched over a toilet with while doing reviews or just sipping a glass of wine?

3 Likes

7 Likes

As always, you gotta ride that Ballmer Peak for maximum effectiveness. Best of luck to your fRiEnD.

5 Likes

Reviews are OK but don’t do any lessons.

8 Likes

I’ve done it and the next day I was honestly torn. On one hand, “Why did you do that?! Now those Kanji are going to take like two extra days to Master!”

But on the other hand I was a tiny bit thrilled that WK is such a strong habit not even going out with friends and having too much to drink can make me miss a review. Still not a great idea though.

6 Likes

Not drunk, but high. I was bad at first but I got a lot better as I kept doing it lmao.

14 Likes

A few times, yeah. It’s fun, and you rely more on really knowing things instead of thinking them through. :joy:

6 Likes

I’ve done reviews while almost asleep, which is not the greatest idea, because I start typing answers with my eyes shut, so unsurprisingly I get them wrong.

9 Likes

Most weekend evenings, tbh. I wanna say my average drops by about 10% but it’s better to review things more times anyway for retention so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 Likes

I literally only review while drinking.

11 Likes

Given that a lot of my reason for learning Japanese revolves around wanting to hold conversations in Izakayas, inebriated recall important to me.

20 Likes

Of course.

1 Like

Reviewing drunk is the a good way to test how much is really stored in your head, but not a good way to remember. Even still I haven’t started learning anything new at this level so far so I can’t really say how much it really would effect you. I say to each one his own w.

4 Likes

Yes

1 Like