Happiness Volume 1 (Absolute Beginner Book Club)

Just got my copy today! Already excited to start reading and discussing! :closed_book: :smiling_face:

6 Likes

I’m very excited to follow along for the first time! I don’t think I’m N5 level and I’ve only been able to use free methods like Duolingo, a brief look into Tae Kim and Busuu other than WK but hopefully I can use this to help me learn with the forum helping to keep me motivated!

6 Likes

Quick Update, just got my copy from Manga Republic. The shipping was super fast and they even included 10 book covers as a gift for my first time doing business with them.

What can I say? I think Manga Republic has really outdone themselves this time. If I ever need something in the future, I would not hesitate to work with them again.

To wrap it up, I hope yall are doing well and looking forward to seeing you at the book club soon.

CIAO

PXL_20220208_175835101

6 Likes

Received my copy today as well. :heart_eyes:
So remember I got a priority shipping instead of the normal one?
I also got a little present from them! A clear book cover (10x), a paper on how they pack and another one on how they thank us for the support with our order! <3

Now begins the hardest part : leave the manga aside for a month.

9 Likes

How long did it take to ship? Is it too late if I order today? Otherwise I’ll stick to the online version :grin:

3 Likes

I ordered on the 27th of January! So it should really be okay imo!!

And I live in France! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I also received my copy today! In stead of the book covers, I got a Japanese fortune (omikuji) :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I did the same, amazing service and packaging, I ordered again straight after :slight_smile:

4 Likes

For those who do not have the manga yet or had its shipping delayed I’ve noticed it’s currently free on BookWalker, volumes 2 and 3 as well! :mechanical_arm:

22 Likes

ありがとうございます!! :heart:

3 Likes

Just got my copy from manga republic! Outstanding service, wow.
I also ordered 三ツ星カラーズ (the one the book club is currently reading) to read on my own time.
I live in Canada, so I had to do priority shipping and it got here in TWO DAYS (ordered Feb. 2, shipped Feb. 8, received today)!
Excited!!!

6 Likes

I wasn’t planning on reading along, since the plot didn’t seem like something I’d enjoy… But if it’s free, why not! And who knows, maybe the story will positively surprise me! :blush:

(Also, the manga is free over on Amazon Kindle as well, in case someone uses that)

8 Likes

Thank you for the heads up about kindle! I think I’ll try it as well. Hard to argue with free!

3 Likes

Ah! I’m so excited to try to read a book! I’ve wanted to, but found children’s material frustrating for reasons that are now obvious to me… Thank you for offering this. I’m excited to challenge myself. (I’m halfway through Genki I right now and have a decent vocabulary built up. This is just the right kind of challenge for the moment.)

2 Likes

My copy arrived from Manga Republic with some cute extras. I’ll definitely order from them again. They emailed me a $5 coupon that expires in a month, so I think I’ll order something else if you guys have any other absolute beginner recommendations.

3 Likes

Oh, it’s free? I’m all out of excuses then. I’ll be joining this book club too!

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up :blush:

As I got it for free now, I might join in as well.

2 Likes

The absolute beginner book club home thread has links to all our previous reads. Mitsuboshi Colours, the book we are just finishing, has been a fun read and quite approachable for beginners.

3 Likes

Thank you so much!

3 Likes

My copy just came along with a clear book cover to keep it safe! This is super neat, I’m definitely going to be buying things from Manga Republic more when I engage with more book clubs lol

6 Likes