Grammar websites?

I’m beginning to start Japanese grammar but I don’t understand a thing and everything just goes flying over me head. Is there any good and free websites out there to study Japanese grammar?

1 Like

Bunpro and Wasabi are generally what I point people to. The Dictionary of Japanese Grammar series as well as a supplament. Japanese Ammo with Misa for a YouTube series.

4 Likes

japanesetests4you and Maggie Sensei

2 Likes

See also, the Cure Dolly videos on YouTube.

4 Likes

I very much like the 日本語の森 videos on YouTube. Their major advertising focus is on the higher-level stuff, but they also have a N5 video series that starts from scratch.

3 Likes

LingoDeer is good learn and drill the fundamentals.

11 Likes

imabi.net is good too.

3 Likes

I recently found that side and thought it really neat! ^>^ (I’ve mostly done the grammar practice tests though). Have you tried the other stuff on there? If so, what did you think about it? ^^

1 Like

i’ve done the listening and reading comprehension tests up to N2, i think they’re really helpful. and the lists of anime phrases they have are fun too

1 Like

I think I might have a crack at the listening tests as well. Sounds like fun actually! ^>^

…and the anime nerd tests are next!

1 Like

See also: Leebo先輩 and @MegaZeroX for no reason at all (neither to be over-used)

Tae Kim’s Guide to Japanese is a classic, even if Tae Kim might not be right about everything. My personal favourite is Maggie Sensei’s website, which was mentioned above. (Honestly though, I currently rely a lot on dictionaries, both bilingual and monolingual.) You can also try Japanese with Anime, which is good for simple explanations of certain concepts (with a focus on anime, obviously).

If you want a bit more of a challenge where you can immerse yourself while learning (with the help of subtitles), you can check out this site:
http://www.attainj.co.jp/online-nihongo/en/course/n5.html

That’s the link to their N5 page. You can watch their videos if you want. I believe everything is in Japanese, but with English subtitles that stop at N2 or N1. (They get replaced by Japanese subtitles at that point.)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.