Getting quizzed on active kanji from my queue using a custom GPT

I decided to try making a custom gpt using the wanikani API. I unfortunately cannot share it because it is unique to my account and uses my API key. But I was able to get it to do the following:

• Provide a kanji and vocabulary guessing experience using only those items currently in my review queue
  • Write entire sentences using only vocabulary that I know and asking me to write the hiragana and english translation for.

This definitely seems promising. It’s a bit like a duolingo experience that is limited to kanji I know the meaning of / how to pronounce from WK.

Anyone have some other ideas for what I could test out with it to see how it works?

I was thinking of sharing the OpenAPI schema I came up with (though I also did this with chatgpt, lol, it researched the API documentation using the bing feature and wrote it for me and it worked!)

2 Likes

In what aspect it is unique to your account? If you make the API ley a setting could you turn this cool utility into a parameterized userscript?

1 Like

I’m new to making these, but there is only one spot for a bearer token and it seems to be static for the entire userbase. Tbf, I only spent like 15 minutes on this so far so I will definitely do some reading. I am also cognizant of the API docs suggestions about respecting premium/subscription status so want to be sure anything I share with folks is within those parameters if possible.

1 Like

I suggest your read about the Wanikani Open Framework. This is a cool utility that greatly simplifies the use of the Wanikani API. Among other things it automates the capture of the API token and it enforces the subscription restriction for you.

4 Likes

thanks very much!

1 Like