Jin Sensei - A friendly Japanese AI

After reaching level 60 on WK a year ago, I have been mulling over many, many Japanese study app ideas.

I created an app called PhraseIt years ago that had the goal of improving ones Japanese conversation skills, though it was very primitive and laborious.

AI has changed the game.

Today I present to my fellow turtles an AI powered Japanese conversation (web) app:

Black logo - no background

Join our our Discord to signup for the beta!

Here’s a YouTube short demo.

Really stoked to be finally sharing this!
WaniKani integration is currently in progress. Join the discord for all the latest!

12 Likes

sign in is only with gmail?

waiting to get the OpenAI API Key via email?

1 Like

This sounds really interesting. How is it different from chatting with already existing bots like ChatGPT in Japanese?

sign in is only with gmail?
waiting to get the OpenAI API Key via email?

Please use the form in the Discord to signup for the beta list (I see that you have! But replying for others :slight_smile: ). Access will be given out gradually as we start to scale it.

1 Like

This sounds really interesting. How is it different from chatting with already existing bots like ChatGPT in Japanese?

Jin Sensei is designed to help you level up your Japanese conversation skills. This includes:

• Auto dictation (Jin audibly speaks to you when replying)
  • Built-in Dictionary and phrase lookup if you need some help (click on the word in Jin’s reply)

Coming soon:

• Intelligent vocabulary lists (based on the words/phrases you look up most often)
  • WaniKani integration
  • And much more
3 Likes

Please slow down the gifs shared

Ok, what happens if I don’t have an Open AI aPI key?

Nothing! No API key required. If you’ve joined the beta list and I’ve given you access, you’re all good!

1 Like

Thanks for the yt link, way clearer.

And ok, I’ll ask to join in a moment

Edit: filled in the form, thank you

1 Like

Awesome! This sounds super interesting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just added a new feature “Environments” — chat with a Japanese barista as if you just walked into a cafe!

Join the discord to keep up with the latest.

1 Like

WaniKani integration has begun!

1 Like