First Burns

I just burned my first 60 kanji just now and it feels so good! They all kinda came at the same time which I guess isn’t that weird since I learned them all about the same time. Any way, I just wanted to brag a little and tell someone about my progress :slight_smile:

I actually just got my first burn about 30 minutes ago! So far just the first batch of kanji parts, but it’s still satisfying to see the little “burn” icon, right?

I got my first burns a few hours ago. Yay!

At level seven, how?! I’ve never gotten any of the first three level’s vocab wrong and I still havent burned anything yet :\

Its probably a combination of how much you review and the fact that I took a few weeks off at one point. You have to wait four months I believe before you get the final review to burn something, and since I took time off, the time was still ticking while I was not reviewing and not leveling up. I also try to do reviews several times a day, but not lessons as much until recently.
[edit] Yeah it looks like I took a 91 day break in the middle of lesson two… I forgot about that… XD

My first burns were level 12. Felt good :slight_smile:

I think I burned some a few levels back, I didn’t even realize I was burning stuff until I saw some very old characters (like numbers) and I was like “what the heck?.”

congrats… cant wait to be burning some of my own!

For anyone wondering it takes like six months to burn an item, assuming you get it right each time and you do your reviews on time.

Still waiting for my first burn… if it takes since six months I wont get them for another month yet.

I’m at my computer now so I can post this

Fastest progress possible
Review SRS Level Total Wait Next Level
Lesson Apprentice 1 - 4h
1 Apprentice 2 4h 8h
2 Apprentice 3 12h ~1d
3 Apprentice 4 1d 11h ~2d
4 Guru 1 3d 10h ~1w
5 Guru 2 1w 3d 9h ~2w
6 Master 3w 3d 8h ~1M
7 Enlightened 7w 5d 7h ~4M
8 Burned 24w 6d 6h -