Filter to limit number of reviews?

I want to do 25 reviews per hour. In Flaming Durtles, I can set the maximum number of reviews per session to 25. It will then give me no more than 25 reviews, no matter how many reviews I have pending. I know that I can do 15 reviews and then hit the wrap up button to get 25 reviews, but I would like a filter that gives me the number of reviews that I want, much like the setting in Flaming Durtles. I have looked at the filters that I can find and I haven’t found anything. Do any of you know of a filter like that?

6 Likes

I think there should be such a script. I know people have been talking about it, but I’m not sure if it was ever made. image We’ll see if anyone else remembers

If no one has anything for you I could put something together. I already have this functionality in my WIP reorder script so I would just need to make it standalone

9 Likes

[Userscript] Wanikani Wrap-up Button Enhancement or [Userscript] Wanikani Customize Wrap Up might work, but might not have been updated to the new API?

2 Likes

At a glance, neither of them seem to use the API

2 Likes

I’m very interested in the same thing as well. I remember using one of the scripts that Saida linked, but if I remember correctly, they still show the whole reviews, it just stopped after the number you set. But it would be nice if instead of the whole bunch of reviews it only showed whatever you wanted for that session, so the percentage bar moves accordingly. It’s purely psychological, but for me I much prefer two sessions of 50, instead of one of 100; or even four sessions of 25.

Every time (multiple days a week) I see a whole 150 reviews my heart skips a beat :smile: (Although I’m already close to “the end”…)

2 Likes

Try this

Wanikani: Review Queue Sizer

3 Likes

I don’t know if it’s just me, but it keeps reviewing the same 2 words over and over again, no matter if I get them wrong or right.

1 Like

It worked the first time; I clicked on the gear and set the counter to a low number. Then it organized, but some reviews didn’t load well and kept repeating, as @Keywi mentions. And also some of those answers disappeared right after I clicked enter, in the same manner as a lightning mode, ish.

But it doesn’t work atm, it freezes the page and Firefox asks me to wait or close it. I’ve tried waiting but it doesn’t resolve.

2 Likes

Ah, I realize why this is happening. Give me a few minutes

2 Likes

@Keywi @rikaiwisdom Update and try now.

I don’t feel like making the script too complicated, so at the moment it doesn’t handle increasing your queue size too well. You may have to refresh or open a new tab for that. Otherwise it should work as you expect it to

4 Likes

It does work just as you say :slight_smile: Everything from before seems fixed. Decreasing the number works immediately, and increasing it works just fine when refreshing.

Thanks a lot for your time and interest!

2 Likes

Did your issues resolve?

Yes, sorry, my bad. Thank a lot for your work!

2 Likes

@Kumirei This is perfect! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

1 Like

@Kumirei I have used this for a while. Let’s say that I start with 40 reviews. I do 2 sets of 15, no problem. Then I have 10 left. When I have fewer reviews left than what I set the filter to (10 reviews left and the filter is set to 15), the review session never starts. It’s stuck forever on the “考えている” screen. Other than that it works perfectly! Is this something you could take a look at?

2 Likes

Hmm… I don’t know why, but it doesn’t work at all for me anymore! It just sets the queue to 10 items image

edit: nvm, I forgot I was using a similar thing in my other project and had left it on. Haha
Looking into your issue now

2 Likes

Ok, I think it should be fixed

Update → Wanikani: Review Queue Sizer

3 Likes

Are you like, magic or something?

4 Likes

Yep!

3 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes