Feature request: better formatted lists

I didn’t see any other topics about this, but it’s kind of wild to me that there doesn’t seem to be an easy way to just pull up a list and see how many kanji I’ve learned, and which ones. Dividing them into individual units is fine when I’m trying to see how much I’ve got left in a level, but literally only for that one particular situation (which is almost never.) I’m on level 13 now, and if I want to know how many kanji I’ve learned, I have to go thru each level, and count them all. This seems painfully easy to implement, and I don’t really understand how this isn’t a thing. It’s also a massive headache if I ever want to look for a specific kanji that I’ve learned, because I can’t just search a list, I have to look thru every single section individually and typically end up giving up before I find the one I’m looking for.

If I’m missing something please correct me, but I genuinely don’t understand how this isn’t a standard front-page feature of this platform. I think it would be way more useful than the standard “Apprentice, Guru, Master, Enlightened, Burned” section that I never look at.

4 Likes

Maybe you should take a look at the Item Inspector script. Its concept of tables looks very much like the list you are interested into. There is a All Learned Items table by default and you can configure your own tables (lists) to suit your special needs.

1 Like

That’s definitely helpful, but it’s kind of ridiculous that I’d need a secondary script for such a basic feature. If I really wanted to, I could just write a python script myself, but I’m already paying money for WK. Seems absurd that I’d have to look elsewhere just to see what characters I’ve learned.

2 Likes

There is also wkstats which has a couple useful tables by default if you don’t feel like coding it yourself.

3 Likes

I google the kanji + wanikani or meaning + wanikani

1 Like

I understand this frustration, but that’s the nature of the beast with Wanikani when it comes down to it. A lot of users feel this site isn’t all that great to use without a ton of userscripts to add very basic features that have been in demand for years.

Like proper kanji conversion and lookup for the context sentences, or a Lightning Mode to immediately go to the next Review if you get it right so save an extra button press. (Sounds minor but when you’re doing 100+ reviews a day this is huge)

2 Likes

This. I think the table in wkstats is exactly what you’re looking for. You don’t need to install any scripts either, it’s a web page.

1 Like

This will do. Thanks :smiling_face: