Fatal Twelve 1️⃣ 2️⃣ 💀 (Visual Novel Book Club)・Week 15 Discussion Thread

Welcome to Week 15 of Fatal Twelve!

We are reading Fatal Twelve as part of the Visual Novel Book Club! Fatal Twelve is a mystery VN with a death game premise and multiple endings.

For more information on this VN, please check out the Home Thread!

Last Week

Next Week

Pace

Each week, we will aim for approximately 25K characters. Some most weeks will be longer or shorter, depending on appropriate breakpoints! Check this section in each weekly thread to see the stopping point. There is the possibility of some mild spoilers some weeks, so be aware!

This week's endpoint

~26.9k Characters

Choices

This section will have the list of choices that you should select if you are following along exactly with the book club. While you of course can read the VN however you like, it will be really difficult to contribute to the discussion threads if you are reading a different arc than the club, so please keep that in mind!

Choices

None this week

Discussion Guidelines

Spoiler Courtesy

Please follow these rules to avoid inadvertent ネタバレ. If you’re unsure whether something should have a spoiler tag, err on the side of using one.

1. Any potential spoiler for the current week’s reading need only be covered by a spoiler tag. Predictions and conjecture made by somebody who has not read ahead still falls into this category.
  2. Any potential spoilers for external sources need to be covered by a spoiler tag and include a label (outside of the spoiler tag) of what might be spoiled. These include but are not limited to: other book club picks, other books, games, movies, anime, etc. I recommend also tagging the severity of the spoiler (for example, I may still look at minor spoilers for something that I don’t intend to read soon).
  3. Any information from later in the book than the current week’s reading (including trigger warnings that haven’t yet manifested) needs to be hidden by spoiler tags and labeled as coming from later sections.

Instructions for Spoiler Tags

Posting Advice

• When asking for help, please mention the page number, and check before posting that your question hasn’t already been asked. As the threads get longer, it becomes more convenient to use the Search function, which is located in the upper right corner of the forum. It is the magnifying glass which is near your profile picture! The best way to search is usually to type part of the sentence you are confused about, and select “in this topic”. This will show you all posts within the current thread which has that string of text.
  • Be sure to join the conversation! It’s fun, and it’s what keeps these book clubs lively! There’s no such thing as a stupid question! We are all learning here, and if the question has crossed your mind, there’s a very good chance it has crossed somebody else’s also! Asking and answering questions is a great learning opportunity for everyone involved, so never hesitate to do so!

Participants

• I’m reading along
  • I have finished this part
  • I won’t be reading with the club
0 voters
5 Likes

Thanks for posting! Looks I really need to catch up.

3 Likes

I feel like Federico only patched up his falling-out with the bar owner because they really didn’t want to do a background graphic for a different bar…

4 Likes

Rinka should really be grateful that this diary is in English, incidentally, because this is what a hundred year old diary handwritten in Japanese looks like:

5 Likes
Spoilers for this week

I’m glad Scale is finally gone. He’s gotta be one of the most annoying characters I’ve ever seen in a VN.

The flashback scene with Rinka and Miharu was interesting. Rinka sure can be weird sometimes, just sitting next to Miharu each day and staring off into nothing each day. I guess Miharu ended up appreciating it, but it would have definitely felt awkward for me.

It felt weird to suddenly flashback to how Chan Chan got eliminated. Especially since she was never a big part of the story in any way.

I’m curious how the diary Rinka found will end up helping them out. Seems like participating in the goddess’s selection runs in the family for her. Although it said her great great grandma’s sister made the book, so I’m guessing she wasn’t a participant but definitely has some relation to this whole thing :thinking:

4 Likes