Excel spreadsheet to anki deck? Also, add pitch annotation?

I have this excel spreadsheet I made a long time ago from some material I had, it has one column of kanji, one hiragana and one translations. It’s quite long, so I wondered if I could automatically transform the spreadsheet into something more useful. That is, for example an anki deck. (Some years ago I used to dabble in python among other things, so I figured that there should be a feasible solution.)
Also, the one thing that really is missing from the spreadsheet is pitch annotation. Do you know if there is a way to have pitch info added automatically or quickly?

1 Like

There are several Anki add-ons for adding pitch accent (just ctrl + f for “accent” or “pitch accent”).

Out of all of them, I’ve only personally ever tried out the one called “Japanese Pronunciation / Pitch Accent”. (I don’t remember why I picked this specific add-on out of all the other options, so it’s possible that another one of them is actually easier/better.) You basically just add a new field to your Anki cards and it auto-generates the pitch accent info in that field.

1 Like