Blinding technique with Google Sheets

This was exactly how I remember Kanji stroke orders back then, and know I am trying to employ it to Chinese vocabularies.

Not sure if it is a good technique, though; but it does make me remember the “sound” and the “motion of hand”.

3 Likes

I’ve used a similar method for all the languages I’ve learned (2 mother tongues, 5 learned languages so far, excluding obviously Japanese that is a long way behind :slight_smile: ).

I also don’t know if it’s a good technique, but I like it because it’s very fast to go through each batch until I get them all right very quickly.

For Japanese I’m trying to use the Wanikani Open Framework and API V2 to populate the google spreadsheet automatically (thank you @rfindley for showing me). I haven’t quite worked out how to import the pitch pattern information yet.
56%20PM

For now I’m just adding the numeric indicator manually. If a vocabulary is missing the pitch pattern then I look it up on the Mac Dictionary.
07%20PM

It has also got a nice summary table that helps keeping things in perspective.

2 Likes

How is this different from making flashcards?

I guess it’s one practical way to do flashcards, for initiation stage. Otherwise, I would resort to Anki.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.