Difficult sentence (for me at least)

" 淡く柔らかな印象を与える透き通った水色長い髪. "

I’m having trouble on analysing this sentence. Firstly I look to the end of the phrase and I’m supposing that the verb 透き通った is stating that the clear blue and long hair is transparent. Then I go back to the beggining of the sentence and understand that something gives a soft and pale impression, I guess that the “something” is the hair. I concluded that the translation should be:

A long and transparent light blue colored hair gives a pale and soft impression.

Did I get this right?

Yes, you did.

Basically, I think. Everything beforehand is just describing the hair. So it might be more like: Long, transparent light blue hair, which…

In English, of course, this isn’t really a complete sentence, but you’ll see this sentence type fairly often in Japanese.

1 Like

Thank you very much, I was unsure because the sentence structure is so odd… but I’m glad I nailed it ^^

Huhmmmh, I swear that sentence is familiar. Are you by chance reading the first volume of KonoSuba?

1 Like

Lol, you got me. I decided to try and read Konosuba in japanese as a challenge, but it’s turning out a little too difficult for me.

Haha, tell me about it. I think it took me 2 months to finish it, had to look up words every other sentence. Well, good luck with it, it’s super fun if you stick to it. ファイトですね

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.