Descent of the Durtle into eGoooott - NOW AT B8!

I only needed to enter the passwords once. Then about ten minutes of clicking.

2 Likes

If it can be automated I don’t know how.

1 Like

I was just thinking that. That’s some perseverance. :slightly_smiling_face:

A mouse recorder, probably, though that can be problematic when internet loading times get involved.

Auto clicker software that clicks in a specified interval.

Idk if they’re common now but I remember using them over a decade ago in MapleStory trying to get into some number limited Party Quest.

So, I pondered that maybe eGoooott is so ridiculous that perhaps it’s a clue for this puzzle (i.e. ascend to descend) - that perhaps by using a book cipher intended for a different book, we’d get a keyword that makes sense. So, I went to the library near me that has a copy of Japanese The Spoken Language, and took a photo of every page referenced by the book ciphers, and the page following each, just in case they were needed. And, for good measure, pages 60, 240 and 4 (the numbers referenced by the current level). If you want to poke through them yourself, they’re here: Japanese The Spoken Language - Album on Imgur

So, I did three tests on the ciphers: using the other book’s page number with JTSL’s letter numbers; using the other book’s letter numbers with JTSL’s page number; and using the other book’s numbers for both. I’ve included sub-headings in character counts, but skipped all page headers, punctuation and numerals. Where applicable, I’ve transcribed it in the order of Japanese text then English translation before the next part of Japanese text. I’ve replaced character 434 in the Japanese for Everyone line with an asterisk, because I honestly could not be bothered counting 434 characters (and if it’s going to be an actual word, we’ll be able to tell from five of the six characters easily enough).

Page number only Letter numbers only Both
Genki Workbook tWisssed akko utit
Genki I kKetttim Gegaba Kydeoo
Minna no Nihongo nWirrrus atoakr audtat
Japanese for Busy People ocreeeno haotee boenoo
Japanese for Everyone NMlllloe khii*k eCnN*e
Adventures in Japanese acreeeit narett doaiti
Japanese from Zero! mykiiisa kkosaa ukrnoo
Japanese the Manga Way laeiiiod tkerst refeid

Results? Still gibberish. So much for that plan, I guess. Though, あっこ (using Genki Workbook’s letter numbers) could be 悪狐 = bad fox.

For good measure, using JTSL’s letter numbers on pages 4, 60 and 240 yields fRehhhbm, rCitttid (oJennnsu if I skip the heading) and iNhtttlo respectively.

This is going nowhere. It does, however, show that if eGoooott was an accident, it wasn’t arrived at by accidentally using the book cipher numbers from the wrong book.

9 Likes

Oh golly, did all of you know humans don’t re-durtle when you burn them? Back to the drawing board…

37 Likes

Wow, that‘s dedication! Do you like cake? Have a cake for that!

5 Likes

So, Koichi’s… indisposed for the moment?

8 Likes

Any luck on reaching that slip of paper we might need? We could probably help get it if you tell us where it is.

1 Like

At least we know now! Always nice to learn things!

4 Likes

Shame about Koichi, but he’s a crabigator follower, so of limited usefulness anyway. A Durtle like you, a bunch of six-durtle-tall humans… We’d make good partners. We’re really not so different, you know. Let’s talk it over in Durtle Heaven.

7 Likes

Are we supposed to make a sketch of the whole 240 durtles / 60 humans thing to fully understand it?

6 Likes

Oh? Now we’re six durtles tall?

2 Likes

shh… I think he was buying it. :smile:

1 Like

Do we need to ascend back to B3 to help with B4?

1 Like

Well I guess that’s all we get. Unless he comes back at midnight again.

2 Likes

Oops indeed…

3 Likes

After you ascend as in burn a kanji, you need to descend all the way down where you can resurrect that burned kanji.
Soooo - the good news is, Koichi is fine, he’s not burned he’s just retired!
Hmmm… it is also the bad news that might explain high fiving the clue-for-nothing durtle.

1 Like

And the science gets done, and you make a neat gun for the people that are still alive!

9 Likes

Implying @koichi is human